Synology Releases the DiskStation DS2413+, Optimized for Photographers
Bellevue, Washington—Synology America Corp. is pleased to announce the release of its newest twelve-bay DiskStation, the DS2413+. Along with the DX1211 expansion module, it can scale up to 24 drives for up to 96TB storage in your choice of Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR) or classic RAID, making it an ideal answer to the growing data storage needs of today’s photographers. The DS2413+ is Synology’s first 12-bay system to incorporate USB 3.0 for improved transfer speeds to and from external disks.
“The DS2413+ can easily scale its storage to keep pace with even the most prolific photographers,” said Marivel Espinoza, Product Marketing Manager at Synology America Corp. “Unlike other storage solutions aimed at photographers, this one offers excellent performance with Synology’s well-known reliability, while remaining network attached, so there are no issues with proprietary connectors.”
Sheer storage capacity aside, the DS2413+ ships with Synology’s DiskStation Manager (DSM) 4.1. DSM 4.1 brings a number of photographer-friendly features to the table.
- Shared Folder Sync allows keeping folders in sync between DiskStations to minimize downtime
- Support for both Mac and Windows backups
- Photo Station allows for easily sharing photos
- The Media Server package allows for streaming photos, videos, and music to DLNA-compliant televisions or media players
- Synology’s new Web Assistant makes it easier than ever to get started
Additionally, the DS2413+ is well-suited for business environments:
- VAAI support for improved VMware support
- LUN backup software included at no additional cost
- ADS support for domains up to 100,000 users/groups
- Time Backup package allows for point-in-time backups
For more information about the DS2413+, please check out the product page here.