Plantronics GameCom Commander Review
Commander Reporting for Duty
Christmas is right around the corner and it seems like Plantronics decided that it’s also the perfect time to ship us a new headset to review! While normally we’d grunt at the thought of more work during the holiday season, Plantronics sent us a real treat this time around, and we were more than happy to put it through its paces.
Today we’ll be reviewing Plantonics’ newest product to their GameCom series of gaming headsets – the Plantronics GameCom Commander. Last time, we reviewed the Plantronics GameCom 780 and we were overall very impressed with what it had to offer for the price. Say hello then to the GameCom Commander, Plantronics’ recently introduced, top-of-the-line (aka most bad-ass) gaming headset and they certainly went all out with this one. This limited edition gaming headset includes “Tournament ready” passive noise isolation, 40mm drivers with an extended frequency response, a noise cancelling microphone, a USB sound card, laser etched unique serial identification, and a carrying case.
With the briefing out of the way, let’s see how the Commander performs on the field.
GameCom Commander Features
- Prepare to win with tournament-ready noise isolation, game audio, and voice communication
- Shut-out background noise and distractions with over-the-head, closed-ear design and be confident your team hears you loud and clear with noise-canceling, ruggedized microphone
- Immerse yourself in the game as USB sound card with Dolby Headphone and Pro Logic IIx technologies transforms standard audio into immersive 7.1 surround sound
- Transport and display your headset, cables, and accessories in the sleek, strong ballistic nylon wrapped travel case
- Own it with a laser-etched, limited edition serial number that uniquely identifies your headset
- Adjust volume and mute with inline controls at your fingertips
- Effortlessly switch between PC, Smartphone and other mobile devices with Quick Disconnect adapters
- Universal 3.5mm analog plugs for use with other electronic devices