Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the second-generation of its popular DataTraveler® Locker+ secure USB Flash drive for consumers. The new, lower priced DataTraveler Locker+ G2 works interchangeably between Mac OS X and Windows systems and all data is secured with hardware-based encryption.
Users simply setup a password upon first use for access and the drive is as simple as plug and play with no extra software or partitions needed. The DataTraveler Locker+ G2 also features a password manager that allows users to store names and passwords for up to 20 accounts. The stylish, durable metal casing also features a key loop for easy attachment to a backpack, briefcase or purse.
“Data security for consumers is simple and affordable with the new DataTraveler Locker+ G2. The data encryption makes this the perfect USB drive to keep your information safe and out of strangers’ hands in case it ever gets lost,” said Andrew Ewing, Flash memory business manager, Kingston®. “Users can take their data between Mac and PC systems with ease, and also safely store login information to websites with the included password manager.”
The DataTraveler Locker+ G2 is available in 8GB, 16GB and 32GB capacities. It is backed by a five-year warranty and free technical support.
Kingston DataTraveler Locker+ G2 Features and Specifications:
- Hardware encryption: the best in personal security to keep your data safe
- Superior password protection: user sets a password to prevent unauthorized access
- Versatile: works interchangeably between Mac OS X and Windows systems
- Secure: drive locks down and reformats after 10 invalid login attempts
- Easy to use: no application installation required
- Password Manager: access and store user names and passwords for up to 20 accounts
- Stylish: durable metal casing with built-in key loop
- Customizable1: Co-Logo program available
- Supports: Windows® 7, Vista®, XP & Mac OS X
- Guaranteed: five-year warranty with free technical support
- Capacities2: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB
- Speed3: 10MB/s read and 5MB/s write
- Compatibility: designed to USB 2.0 specifications
- No admin rights required
- Minimum System Requirements:
– USB 2.0 compliant and 3.0 compatible
– Two (2) free consecutive drive letters required for use
- Dimensions: 2.28″ x 0.73″ x 0.38″ (58.00mm x 18.6mm x 9.75mm)
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
For more information, be sure to drop by the manufacturer’s website.