Think Tank Photo Urban Disguise 50 V2.0 Review
Camera Bag for the Professional
As requested by a number of my YouTube subscribers last year, I compiled a list of the equipment I keep in my camera bag and while cameras, lenses, microphones, etc. are covered, one thing I didn’t do is cover the camera bag. The reason for this is because I simply didn’t really like the camera bag I had. It was bulky, it was obvious it was a camera bag, and it just plain looked a bit ugly. Since it wasn’t something I’d personally recommend, I decided to go out and search for something I would.
This then brings us to our review for the day, the Think Tank Photo Urban Disguise 50 v2.0 camera bag. For those unfamiliar with Think Tank Photo, they’re a premium camera accessories company founded by a group of professional photographers and designers with one goal in mind – to produce the absolute best camera bags and accessories on the market. The Urban Disguise 50 that we’re reviewing today is a medium sized camera/laptop bag belonging to Think Tank Photo’s Urban Disguise series, which is designed for photographers out there looking for an all in one solution for carrying everything you’ll need as an editorial photographer or a photojournalist. As its name implies, the Urban Disguise series of camera bags is designed to stay hidden so you’re not announcing to that next third world country you visit that you’ve got over $10,000 worth of equipment in your camera bag.
Sounds good so far, but how did it perform? Let’s find out!
Urban Disguise 50 Specifications
- ID: 14.4” W x 10.5” H x 4.25” D* (36.5 x 27 x 10.5 cm) *Opening Expansion Zipper adds 2.25″ (5.7 cm) to main compartment depth **Laptop Compartment ID: 14.4″ W x 10.25″ H x 1.5″ D (36.5 x 26 x 4 cm) ED: 15” L x 11” H x 7” D (38 x 28 x 17.78 cm)
- Weight: 3.3–4.0 lbs (1.5–1.8 kg)
- No Rhetoric Warranty Policy
- Exterior – All fabric exterior treated with DWR while fabric underside is coated with PU for superior water resistance, 1680D ballistic nylon, YKK® RC Fuse (abrasion resistant) zippers, antique nickel plated metal hardware, Ultra Stretch pockets, nylon webbing, 3-ply bonded nylon thread
- Interior – removable closed cell foam dividers, 210D silver-toned nylon, PU backed velex liner, 2x PU coated nylon 210T seam-sealed taffeta rain cover, 3-ply bonded nylon thread