Sign in to follow this  
sam.chen

Any Video Ideas?

With blacks and reds, you're pretty spot on. They both have a smooth and soft feel, but they have a different actuation force. The blacks are a bit heavier and after prolonged typing you do feel it; however, sometimes you do get misfires on the reds because they're so light. You might accidentally touch the key and it registers so keep that in mind. The main benefit of going with reds and blacks is that you only need to press the keys down halfway before they register. It's nice for key spamming if you're into that while you're gaming. MMO players like it especially since they spam keys while waiting for cool downs and stuff. From that site you posted, you can see how the linear (red/black) switch activates the key in much less distance than brown, white and blue. With brown you get that bump midway which gives you that tactile feedback. It's good because if you use the keyboard enough, your fingers will develop a "feel" for the keyboard and you will know exactly when a key is pressed. The spring is also light, similar to the red's spring, but the travel distance is deeper (as you can see on that image). Blue is very similar to brown in pretty much every aspect except it has that "sliding bit". The sliding bit makes the keys go click. This gives you auditory feedback so you know exactly when keys are pressed. You also still get that bump which gives you tactile feedback as well. As far as gaming is concerned, I think it'll depend on your game. With something like SC2, you really won't benefit from MX Reds. There's really no keyspamming involved. It's more of a hit a key, click the mouse kind of thing. Or I guess if you're going for the APM world record, hit as many different keys as possible. biggrin.png Hope that helps.
Actually, SC2 requires key spamming on a competitive level. That's why all the 'pro's' tend to have 500 APM or what not. You really don't 'spam' when trying to build up your APM unless, you want to show off. But it's commonplace for professionals to rotate through the control groups which requires you to double click the number associated with the control group hotkey. Doing it in rapid succession is what builds your EPM. Destiny a professional SC2 player actually uses the Das Ultimate board which are MX Reds. Keeping this in mind. I should actually consider buying a Das board.

Actually, SC2 requires key spamming on a competitive level. That's why all the 'pro's' tend to have 500 APM or what not. You really don't 'spam' when trying to build up your APM unless, you want to show off. But it's commonplace for professionals to rotate through the control groups which requires you to double click the number associated with the control group hotkey. Doing it in rapid succession is what builds your EPM. Destiny a professional SC2 player actually uses the Das Ultimate board which are MX Reds. Keeping this in mind. I should actually consider buying a Das board.
Oh nice. Yeah, I'm nowhere near that level. Das Keyboards aren't bad. I reviewed the Model S Professional Silent a while back. I'd rather grab a Nighthawk X9 nowdays though. They're more expensive, but if you get in on the group buy you can pick up a Nighthawk X9 at the same price as a Das.

Corsair 550d and the corsair gaming case overviews or review. How the gpu boost works on nvidia cards. Open beta for diablo 3 for this weekend playing with your awesome d3 gear. Your current build. Community Q and A or something. Imo, things that would get the community very active on the forums and on youtube. Bad habits or tips and tricks for building pcs and maintaing pcs. Things that people who arent that familiar with pcs would find easy to understand.

tutorial on how to reduce noise level of your pc. Fan size, fan grommets, psu stoppers, picking a fan size and differences between them, pc noise absorber kit and is it effective?, etc
fan grommets -yes ive tested / fan size yes lower RPM and more CFM reason your seeing more 140mm fans in cases, CPU coolers and watercooled setups ive tested / dyna mat works but its only as good as your sound bouncing out your front fan holes rear exaust, other air inlets , outlets not tested- also bitfenix sells plastic fan spacers they also work I have them installed on all 11 of my 120mm fans helps with vibration, the problem with PC silencing materials is its a dust magnet others say dust loves to cling to it

I know you do pc reviews but' date=' it would be really cool if you could do some gaming videos.[/quote'] Can't do that ATM because game companies are pretty strict about the whole copyright thing. A single violation could cause me to lose my YT partnership so I'm actually being extremely careful. I'm going to E3 this year though, so hopefully I can talk to some of the marketing reps to work something out.

Can't do that ATM because game companies are pretty strict about the whole copyright thing. A single violation could cause me to lose my YT partnership so I'm actually being extremely careful. I'm going to E3 this year though' date=' so hopefully I can talk to some of the marketing reps to work something out.[/quote']