Sign in to follow this  
Jagsrs28

Corsair Vengeance 1500 Headset Review

Picking the right headset has a huge impact on player experience. In some cases the perfect headset will increase your gaming performance, by being able to hear the direction that bullet is coming from. Being able to communicate with teammates using the headset's microphone is a huge help whether I am planning an ambush or simply telling somebody where a grenade is. The Simulated 7.1 Surround Sound helps me locate the position of an enemy and go in for the kill. I myself as many other people do like to listen to music on my PC and The Simulated 7.1 Surround Sound really pulls me into the music making all the "Drop the bass" moments incredible or if you are more into classical music it is also good for that to. The Corsair Vengeance 1500's drivers are great. In the Corsair Control Panel you get a wide window of customization. In the Corsair Control Panel there are 3 sections, Main, Virtual Speaker Shifter, and Equalizer. Main allows the user to control the Volume, Microphone level, Microphone Loopback, as well as the Volume Balance between your left and your right ear. Virtual Speaker Shifter allows the user to shift around the position of the speakers in the Simulated 7.1 Surround Sound. Also letting you switch between 7.1 and 5.1 Surround Sound. Equalizer allows the user to adjust the balance between frequency components within an electronic signal. The Equalizer strengthen (boost) or weaken (cut) the energy of specific frequency bands according to the user input. You are able to switch between profiles (Default, Music + Bass, Music Reference, Movies Mod-X , F.P.S. Gaming, and M.M.O. Gaming. You are also given the option to create your own Profiles. The Corsair Vengeance 1500's are hands down the best headset I have ever owned in my entire life. If you are looking for a bass heavy headset you will have to go look somewhere else, but if you do purchase this headset or you already have it and you are looking for more bass please go here: View image: Corsair Headset Bass where you will see an image I posted showing the Corsair Control Panel with everything optimized for better bass. If you have any questions about the Corsair Vengeance Headset just leave them below, and I will be happy to answer them. I rate this headset 10 out of 10. [ATTACH=CONFIG]225[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]226[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]227[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]228[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]229[/ATTACH] I think that concludes my review of the Corsair Vengeance 1500's.

A little skeptical The 1500 uses an external sound card that is good but not great. It also forces you to use it so you don't have option to use a higher end product. Furthermore the claim of surround sound is too far fetched for me.

yeah, virtual surround is hard to do, its kinda s shifty selling point, honestly unless its got a speaker for all points, its not really worth it, like having a single speaker trying to do 5 speaker areas lol... Is it the 2500 that is wireless? i swear the 1500 was wireless

2000 is the wireless version... I plan on buying that one' date=' as I don't see myself buying a sound card any time soon and I'm not an audiophile.[/quote'] Neither am i, and with this $175 sound card, i cannot hear a difference mind you the speakers are bad (8 year old but work like a charm) so maybe it's me or maybe its the speakers either way i find sound cards very tricky subject, focused more for certain people, not everyone needs one.