Sign in to follow this  
Xyriin

Logitech G600 Review

I bought this mouse for Guild Wars 2, and currently using it in League of Legends and Blacklight Retribution. Max DPI is 8200, I settle for around 6-7.5k just to replicate the sensitivity of my old imperator. My current challenge is to get use to the grip change from the imperator. I also bought a few others parts (Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid Mech keyboard (Blue mx) and a steelseries 4hd to go with the mouse. Very nice combo, and I'm happy with the purchase. If my hands don't get use to the mouse however, I will be returning it.

Despite my issues with form factor of the mouse itself, the software was flawless for me (I'm on Win 7 x64). The Logitech software can be customized for anything per button. If you want to simulate a certain key all you have to do is choose the Keystroke assignment option and then use the key you want. If you want to keep the mouse assignments universal per game I'd recommend the following... Similar to the default setup of the Naga set the Logitech software to uncommon use keys like the NumPad. Then in the game you're playing you can set up the second key binding for the action to the NumPad key you setup in the Logitech software. As an example you would set the far right button of the G600 to the 'NumPad .' key. Then in Diablo 3 you could set the second key option for stand in place to 'NumPad.' on the Numpad. Then in WoW if you wanted the far right button to toggle Autorun you could simply set the second key binding for Autorun to 'NumPad .'. This prevents having to set the G600 far right key to 'Shift' for Diablo 3 and then changing it to 'NumLock' for WoW.
Great to hear about the software .. the g500 is a nightmare ... and really good advice on the key assigns ... not really thought of doing it that way before so thx alot ... makes good sense It arrives tomorrow, so ill post my impressions in a few days

Great to hear about the software .. the g500 is a nightmare ... and really good advice on the key assigns ... not really thought of doing it that way before so thx alot ... makes good sense It arrives tomorrow, so ill post my impressions in a few days
Nice! looking forward to it!

Got the mouse Friday, impressions of the hardware are very very good. However, the software, whilst very powerful, and leaps and bounds ahead of anything ive used before still has its problems. In fact, ive not played anything much, because automated profile switching still does not work for me, and ive been trying to get it to work rather than do anything else .... D'oh! springs to mind. The only way I can get my d3 profile to auto switch is to set 'Lock the profile whilst the game is running' in the profiles properties. Fingers crossed this will not cause me too many problems if I alt-tab to desktop. Will write properly when ive managed to game with the mouse hehe Cant find a way to copy a profile to the onboard memory either

Got the mouse Friday, impressions of the hardware are very very good. However, the software, whilst very powerful, and leaps and bounds ahead of anything ive used before still has its problems. In fact, ive not played anything much, because automated profile switching still does not work for me, and ive been trying to get it to work rather than do anything else .... D'oh! springs to mind. The only way I can get my d3 profile to auto switch is to set 'Lock the profile whilst the game is running' in the profiles properties. Fingers crossed this will not cause me too many problems if I alt-tab to desktop. Will write properly when ive managed to game with the mouse hehe Cant find a way to copy a profile to the onboard memory either
The auto profile switching works for me for the most part but sometimes if I run d3 in windowed mode and alt tab to chrome and then back to d3 it won't switch to the d3 profile at times. But I guess that's just because I run it in windowed mode and it gets a little confused. I set d3 Prof to red and chrome to blue so I don't screw myself if it doesn't switch properly haha. I haven't tried the onboard memory just yet but I guess that u gotta redo all the macros, not bad though that you can have up to 3 modes on onboard memory, that should be more than sufficient for most gamers. :) Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The auto profile switching works for me for the most part but sometimes if I run d3 in windowed mode and alt tab to chrome and then back to d3 it won't switch to the d3 profile at times. But I guess that's just because I run it in windowed mode and it gets a little confused. I set d3 Prof to red and chrome to blue so I don't screw myself if it doesn't switch properly haha. I haven't tried the onboard memory just yet but I guess that u gotta redo all the macros, not bad though that you can have up to 3 modes on onboard memory, that should be more than sufficient for most gamers. :) Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Apologies for not posting sooner, My profile switching still does not work, and the line from Logitech (after many emails and fob offs, and then me losing my temper) is that they are aware that under certain combinations of Windows Configuration and running background tasks, the profile switching does not work. My experience with the g500, which went back because of exactly the same problem, tells me that logitech probably are not going to fix this. The g500 is not a new mouse by any means. I can get around the problem by using the profile option 'lock profile while game is running', and i actually love the mouse, its lovely in every way. So I wont be sending this one back. My issue is with Logitech and their unwillingness to publish known problems, i assume for the impact that might have on sales. I would have respected them for that. Because they didnt, I spent 10+ hours trying to get something to work that was never going to no matter what i did. And in the future no doubt thousands of other logitech customers will go through the exact same stress and frustration. Thats how much they care about their customers They did offer me a 50% discount on my next purchase from their store, which I guess works out as around a 10% discount on amazon prices, but I no longer want to own further Logitech products, for fear of other promised functionality not 'functioning'. I know all companies are the same, thats capitalism, but unless people tell them when they treat us badly then nothing will ever change in the world ever ... and im voting with my feet The bug is no longer the issue, its their attitude to their customers ... the mouse is great, as is 80% of the sw I did write a long review a while ago, but lost it before publishing to the dreaded browser forward/back keys ... and unfortunately the whole experience has left me too drained to write any more about it ... but it is great having said that, just so u know, u cant do everything in the onboard profile that u can in the sw profiles, no macros, or i guess anything that takes up more that 1 byte of memory per key ... thats a joke but the amoun of memory in the mouse MUST be absolutely miniscule ... its the only reason i can see for reduced profile functionality Sorry to drone on Have fun!