Sign in to follow this  
Xyriin

Logitech G600 Review

Alright, so I picked up the G600 at Best Buy yesterday (and cancelled my Logitech pre-order) because apparently Best Buy got them in stock before Logitech shipped their pre-orders?! I still haven't figured that one out yet. Honestly, this is the most anticipated mouse I've waited for. So I literally ripped it out of the box yesterday, and got the Logitech Gaming Software installed. After 24 hours though I'm kind of disappointed and here are my overall observations... Pros: - Thumbpad buttons are superior to the Naga. Really no doubt here, far easier to know which buttons you're activating due to the way they're shaped. - Color options for the lights are outstanding with no fading like on the Naga. Each button is as bright as the others. Despite no option for logo lighting or wheel lighting I still prefer this to the Naga's lighting. - On mouse stored profile is very nice. No more having to set everything up differently just because you move it to a new computer or the software upgrade changed key settings. (I missed this from the G9) Cons: - I love a tilt wheel but the implementation in this mouse failed. The G9 had a very cylindrical wheel which needed minimal side pressure to activate the tilt. The wheel on the G600 is tapered more which results in your finger wanting to slide up the wheel first before activating the tilt. To further complicate the issue the surrounding buttons raise towards the wheel providing less surface area on the side of the wheel. While the wheel is easy to scroll, it makes tilting almost useless in a game situation where you need that split second reaction. While I rarely used it on the G9, there was also a mechanical switch on the bottom that allowed switching between tactile wheel movement and free spinning wheel movement. Not a must have, but a nice perk and I was hoping for it on this mouse. - This is a very subjective but the Naga feels better in my hand and I can't seem to get comfortable with the G600. This could be habit as I recall the Naga being uncomfortable when I started using it when compared to the G9. Nevertheless, my right two fingers can't seem to get comfortable and I also seem to semi-regularly inadvertently activate the 'Shift' button. I'm going to give it a bit longer but I've got the sinking feeling I'll be taking it back to Best Buy. I've attached some pictures. [ATTACH=CONFIG]221[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]220[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]219[/ATTACH]

Nice review you got here Xyriin. :) I'm probably gonna stop by Best Buy sometime this week and see if they have a g600 on display. I have the molten naga right now, and it works great, but synapse just sucks tbh lol. Logitech software is probably a lot better from what I've experienced in the past. Only thing is I'm not sure how comfortable this mouse is to hold since I'm so used to the claw grip on my Naga. Another issue I have on my Naga is that pretty much IMO only 1-6 is usable on the side buttons, after that its just confusing as hell as to what you're pressing. Logitech seems to have fixed this issue and the buttons seem a lot easier to press and its cool that the lights are customizable also. That third click button to the right of the Rclick button has me interested though, although it'd be super annoying if I kept pressing it on accident. I'm not concerned about the tilt wheel feature because I probably will never use it so that's out of the picture i suppose. I'm really on the fence about purchasing this haha, any recommendations you can give me as a fellow naga user?

What's this "tilt" think you refer to it, i haven't has many gaming mouses so i'm not sure about what is standard.. and when the mouse wheel is spinning freely, does it recognize the scroll wheel or does it stop the tracking of it?

I have the molten naga right now' date=' and it works great, but synapse just sucks tbh lol. Logitech software is probably a lot better from what I've experienced in the past.[/quote'] This is definitely true. The Razer Synapse software is kind of a poor man's version of the Logitech on mouse profiles. It provides portability across systems but of course requires an internet connection to pull those settings from the Razer servers and the mouse completely locks up for a bit when it does pull those settings which is annoying if you're like me and immediately start to perform certain things as soon as your system comes up. Also, the Synapse software requires a reboot after an update...I mean really?! After another day of use I've narrowed down the uncomfortable feeling I've been getting. It's pressure on the ring finger due to the shift button. On the Naga and other mice that space is empty which allows the ring finger to drop down. On the G600 it rests on the shift button and for me it slightly stretches my pinky finger out so that it drops down like it would on a normal mouse. The combination of the two is causing more stress on the ring and pinky fingers than I normally experience.

Yeah that one thing about synapse REALLY bugs me sometimes on start up, the cursor will be jittery for at least 5 seconds and I can't do anything normally till I wait lol. Feel like it just defeats the point of my ssd all together. Also the internet connection thing isn't too much of a problem but yeah its stupid anyway. I'm just gonna go to Best Buy tomorrow and ask if they have one on display to try, if not I'll just purchase it and try my best to get accustomed to it for 2-3 days. Although I'm not sure how it would work on my mousepad (I use the control side, not smooth side), if it doesn't work well with that its a deal breaker as I really love & need the wrist rest on it lol. I don't think that I'm going to assign anything to the G-shift key as I'll probably accidently press it 24/7 and after reading this review, kind of feels like its a hassle haha. Thanks for all this information Xyriin, I'll let you know if/when I get this mouse. :)

One other thing I came across after writing that up yesterday. There seems to be something different or a bit off with the DPI or tracking. With both set to 5600 DPI it seemed like the Logitech was a bit more jumpy and had some issues getting precision clicks in. The G600 peaks at 8200 DPI but to get closer to the same response as I do on the Naga I had to drop the G600 to 5000 DPI. Not sure if this is a simple software difference, or an actual hardware issue.

One other thing I came across after writing that up yesterday. There seems to be something different or a bit off with the DPI or tracking. With both set to 5600 DPI it seemed like the Logitech was a bit more jumpy and had some issues getting precision clicks in. The G600 peaks at 8200 DPI but to get closer to the same response as I do on the Naga I had to drop the G600 to 5000 DPI. Not sure if this is a simple software difference, or an actual hardware issue.
Hmm.. I think with 8200DPI, the G600 should be using the Avago ADNS-9800 sensor, which I've actually had some good experiences with since the CM Storm Sentinel Advance II and the more recent Razer Taipan uses it. That said, 5600 DPI seems a bit high to me for normal use. What's your Windows acceleration set to? Most people I talk to have the DPI set at 2,000-3,500 with Windows acceleration at level 6, which is optimal for 1:1 precision. [ATTACH=CONFIG]223[/ATTACH]

post-1-142450056544_thumb.jpg

I have it set at 6 (the middle setting). I mean, I've been using the Naga for a while. When I set up the G600 I simply set the DPI to 5600, the same as the Naga and expected it to track exactly the same. But it didn't and I ran into the problem of having issues with precision clicking. The one thing I haven't tried yet is the surface. I've had an Alienware pad that came with one of my laptops for ages. It has a reversible surface set in a thin rubber mat for grip. The reversible surface has a traction side and a smooth side. I would find it odd however if the G600 didn't track as well as the Naga considering I've used the same pad for literally years without issue with many different optical mice.

I have it set at 6 (the middle setting). I mean, I've been using the Naga for a while. When I set up the G600 I simply set the DPI to 5600, the same as the Naga and expected it to track exactly the same. But it didn't and I ran into the problem of having issues with precision clicking. The one thing I haven't tried yet is the surface. I've had an Alienware pad that came with one of my laptops for ages. It has a reversible surface set in a thin rubber mat for grip. The reversible surface has a traction side and a smooth side. I would find it odd however if the G600 didn't track as well as the Naga considering I've used the same pad for literally years without issue with many different optical mice.
Hmm... that's strange. Sounds like there's a firmware issue on the G600 that Logitech needs to fix ASAP. The one having tracking problems should be the Naga as it uses the Phillips Twin Eye, which I'm not a huge fan of. I'm going to see if my local Best Buy has a G600 for me. I gotta see what's wrong with it lol.

I have another theory but its kind of hard to test. It might be possible that one less finger hanging down may be affecting my control. With the Naga and G9x maybe my fingers are subconsciously acting as kind of a brake when I get close to what I'm clicking on?

I have another theory but its kind of hard to test. It might be possible that one less finger hanging down may be affecting my control. With the Naga and G9x maybe my fingers are subconsciously acting as kind of a brake when I get close to what I'm clicking on?
Maybe its angle snapping (prediction). Maybe thats on with the Naga and it's off with the G600. In that case I think I might actually prefer the G600. Try drawing straight lines in paint. If it's all jacked up or at least VERY difficult on the G600 then it doesnt have angle snapping. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The naga has tracked wonderfully for me in the past year or so and its pretty precise imo. But that may be because I'm used to the claw grip, i usually use 1000 dpi for everything so ill see how it will work out on my mouse pad with the g600 Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

And I'm sure the other part of the problem is that I use a high DPI. Any issues are going to be exacerbated (couldn't resist, I love that word) at a higher DPI. That said I've always aimed for the highest DPI I can still control as it cuts down on the physical mouse movement which in theory helps with response time.

Was wondering if the G600 is about the same size as the Naga? I feel like the Naga is entirely too small for my hand, thus making me feel like I'm over gripping the darn thing. Plus my ring finger never comfortably sits in that little groove. Thanks guys/girls!

Was wondering if the G600 is about the same size as the Naga? I feel like the Naga is entirely too small for my hand, thus making me feel like I'm over gripping the darn thing. Plus my ring finger never comfortably sits in that little groove. Thanks guys/girls!
I actually just got the G600 from Best Buy, and it feels great in the hand compared to the Naga. If i were to make a simple comparison, the G600 basically just fills up your hand nicer, whereas you have to rely on the ring finger rest on the Naga. Basically if you are used to the claw grip, where your palm is sort of in mid-air, the naga is the mouse for you, as honestly it doesn't fit your hand that comforatably and is more of a thing that you kinda just have to get used to. The G600 fits your hand quite nicely, making it more of a palm grip mouse, I feel like it gives me slightly less precision when compared to my Naga, but I've only been using it for 3 hours so I'll probably be OK within a week, if not I'll just send it back to Best Buy. Also for a first time user to either mouse, the # buttons on the side of the G600 seem to be a lot easier to learn when compared to the Naga, I got adjusted almost immediately and for first time users, the little ridges will help A LOT vs all the Naga keys being symmetrical and just feeling the same. I would say the G600 is a lot better for long MMO grinding vs. FPS games because I just feel that a lack of precision is there with the palm grip, but thats just my personal opinion after a few hours. I actually really like the tilt wheel vs. the Naga's side buttons for web browsing, its a lot more convenient to use since my finger is most likely already on the scroll bar, making it so I don't have to reach for an additional button, nice touch by Logitech. The software is also very user friendly, and I was up and running within minutes, also thanks god their is no mouse jittering on Windows start up like their was with synapse. Another HUGE advantage IMO is the fact that you can store profiles on the mouse onboard AND on the software, this is very nice for my use because if I ever need to use this mouse on my macbook, I can already have the keys bound and I don't need to install any software whatsoever (mac's aren't compatible with this mouse software anyway lol). Overall, I'd rate this product 8/10 so far, just additionally I don't feel like the buttons below the scrollbar are as convenient as the Naga's on the side, but the tilt wheel makes up for that somewhat. Also, I took off another rating because of the lack of precision I had in BF3, but I might be able to adjust to that within a week's time. This looks to be like a very comforatable mouse to use for long gaming sessions, and I look forward to grinding D3 with this thing haha. Another neat and helpful thing I discovered about the G600 is that you can individually set different lighting for each profile. So for example I have 3 profiles, D3, BF3, & Default. I set all 3 to a different color so I can tell which profile it's on in a second and make sure that its on the correct profile. I tested this and it works flawlessly, the logitech software INSTANTLY recognizes which profile to put you on based on the application running, on the other hand it took synapse 5 seconds+ to recognize this and sometimes it wouldn't even recognize the application at all and you'd just end up throwing your arms up in confusion. Sorry if this post was unorganized, but I'm just throwing out initial impressions in no particular order. Hope I helped some of you guys. :) Also one more quick thing I realized which makes the Logitech Software so much better than the Razers: When you are creating macros in the software such as Alt + F4, Windows doesn't react to the command, but in Synapse, it actually CLOSED the razer software, good job Logitech lol.

I actually just got the G600 from Best Buy, and it feels great in the hand compared to the Naga. If i were to make a simple comparison, the G600 basically just fills up your hand nicer, whereas you have to rely on the ring finger rest on the Naga. Basically if you are used to the claw grip, where your palm is sort of in mid-air, the naga is the mouse for you, as honestly it doesn't fit your hand that comforatably and is more of a thing that you kinda just have to get used to. The G600 fits your hand quite nicely, making it more of a palm grip mouse, I feel like it gives me slightly less precision when compared to my Naga, but I've only been using it for 3 hours so I'll probably be OK within a week, if not I'll just send it back to Best Buy. Also for a first time user to either mouse, the # buttons on the side of the G600 seem to be a lot easier to learn when compared to the Naga, I got adjusted almost immediately and for first time users, the little ridges will help A LOT vs all the Naga keys being symmetrical and just feeling the same. I would say the G600 is a lot better for long MMO grinding vs. FPS games because I just feel that a lack of precision is there with the palm grip, but thats just my personal opinion after a few hours. I actually really like the tilt wheel vs. the Naga's side buttons for web browsing, its a lot more convenient to use since my finger is most likely already on the scroll bar, making it so I don't have to reach for an additional button, nice touch by Logitech. The software is also very user friendly, and I was up and running within minutes, also thanks god their is no mouse jittering on Windows start up like their was with synapse. Another HUGE advantage IMO is the fact that you can store profiles on the mouse onboard AND on the software, this is very nice for my use because if I ever need to use this mouse on my macbook, I can already have the keys bound and I don't need to install any software whatsoever (mac's aren't compatible with this mouse software anyway lol). Overall, I'd rate this product 8/10 so far, just additionally I don't feel like the buttons below the scrollbar are as convenient as the Naga's on the side, but the tilt wheel makes up for that somewhat. Also, I took off another rating because of the lack of precision I had in BF3, but I might be able to adjust to that within a week's time. This looks to be like a very comforatable mouse to use for long gaming sessions, and I look forward to grinding D3 with this thing haha. Another neat and helpful thing I discovered about the G600 is that you can individually set different lighting for each profile. So for example I have 3 profiles, D3, BF3, & Default. I set all 3 to a different color so I can tell which profile it's on in a second and make sure that its on the correct profile. I tested this and it works flawlessly, the logitech software INSTANTLY recognizes which profile to put you on based on the application running, on the other hand it took synapse 5 seconds+ to recognize this and sometimes it wouldn't even recognize the application at all and you'd just end up throwing your arms up in confusion. Sorry if this post was unorganized, but I'm just throwing out initial impressions in no particular order. Hope I helped some of you guys. :) Also one more quick thing I realized which makes the Logitech Software so much better than the Razers: When you are creating macros in the software such as Alt + F4, Windows doesn't react to the command, but in Synapse, it actually CLOSED the razer software, good job Logitech lol.
Nice initial impressions on the G600. I'm actually on it as well and so far I think it's not too bad either. I'm a huge palm grip user and I think the G600 along with most of the stuff Logitech makes is pretty good for palm grippers. I haven't noticed any sensor problems... seems like the sensor onboard (I'm assuming it's an ADNS 9800 given the 8200DPI) is the same exact thing off the Razer Taipan and the CM Storm Sentinel Advance II I've reviewed before. I'll upload an unboxing on the YT channel soon... :) **EDIT** @Xyriin and @Hasoonie17 Just did a bunch more testing in game with the G600 and I'm going to eat my first impressions on the mouse. I think the mouse has a pretty serious design flaw around the back. For some reason Logitech decided it'd be smart to shape the rear/bottom of a palm grip mouse like a hinge so it's literally causing the front of the mouse to lift off (especially when moving the mouse in an upwards motion) and throwing off the sensor. @Xyriin I think this is why you might be having so much difficulty getting quick precision clicks in. The way I've found to counter that is to rest my palm (at least a majority of the bottom) on the mousepad instead of on the back of the mouse, which really sucks. You guys noticing this? =.=

Nice initial impressions on the G600. I'm actually on it as well and so far I think it's not too bad either. I'm a huge palm grip user and I think the G600 along with most of the stuff Logitech makes is pretty good for palm grippers. I haven't noticed any sensor problems... seems like the sensor onboard (I'm assuming it's an ADNS 9800 given the 8200DPI) is the same exact thing off the Razer Taipan and the CM Storm Sentinel Advance II I've reviewed before. I'll upload an unboxing on the YT channel soon... :) **EDIT** @Xyriin and @Hasoonie17 Just did a bunch more testing in game with the G600 and I'm going to eat my first impressions on the mouse. I think the mouse has a pretty serious design flaw around the back. For some reason Logitech decided it'd be smart to shape the rear/bottom of a palm grip mouse like a hinge so it's literally causing the front of the mouse to lift off (especially when moving the mouse in an upwards motion) and throwing off the sensor. @Xyriin I think this is why you might be having so much difficulty getting quick precision clicks in. The way I've found to counter that is to rest my palm (at least a majority of the bottom) on the mousepad instead of on the back of the mouse, which really sucks. You guys noticing this? =.=
Im not sure but you may have a larger hand then me because after reading this i have purposely tried to make it do a wheelie and cant get it to tilt at all.... As for my impressions of the mouse so far. I have had the Naga since the first addition came out and it has performed admirably through my many years of WoW and on to my new obsession SWTOR. My only complaints was the Naga was too small for my hand (which i understand was fixed with newer models by having attachments for it) and the back 6 side buttons were a pain for my thumb to get to. Unfortunately recently my naga has decided to periodically jump across my screen causing my character to spin around and head to a place i wasnt intentionally going. Yes this did cause a couple of humorous deaths. So i started looking at new mice and saw this one announced. I debated heavily between this mouse, a new naga or the corsair mmo mouse. Honestly i think the corsair is the sexiest of the 3 but only 9 side buttons was a turn off for me. I then felt this mouse in my hand and instantly knew i couldnt go back to the Naga. Before the naga i was a loyal logitech fan and loved my MX and G9 mice. Unfortunately they died and being a big WoW player at the time the naga got my dollar dollar bill. I was very happy to see them finally design an MMO mouse. Soooo.... after a background that no one cares of...on to my pros and cons... Pros. 1. Very comfortable to me. The claw grip of the Naga made my hand feel like it had no support. This one cradles my hand alot better and i dont get the cramping in my right 2 fingers like i used to with the naga. This is major for me because i am a table games dealer and use my hands a lot. I cant work well with the cards or chips if my hands are sore.... 2. Software as usual is top notch.... 3. Tracking is much better then my naga....for me... now this may be because of my naga getting up there in age and having issues... i prob should have included that i did clean the naga really well in hopes of fixing the issue 4. the first 6 buttons are VERY easy to work with.... 5. G-shift button is also very nicely located for me.... i can see how some could push down but im used to letting that finger float so it shouldnt be a problem for me.... Cons. 1. I wish i could set the color of different rows of buttons.....like 123 one color 345 another... this would have been a very cool feature and more of me just being picky 2. not as heavy as the corsair.... now to each is there own on this one but i like a mouse with heft... it feels heavier then the naga but not as heavy as the alluminum corsair 3. Now this may just be me not being able to find it in the software but when i click the shift button the lights go out on the mouse.... i really wanted to set a custom color so i could tell if i was accidently pressing it.... granted no lights makes that really easy but i also want to see what im pressing when i hold it down as well....if you found this feature please let me know :) well hope that helps to anyone... my opinion is the side buttons are much better then the naga......fits larger hands better.... but if you are used to the claw grip may take some time to get used to... my hand seems to have gotten used to it pretty fast. Maybe all those years of owning logitech b4 my naga came into my life. Both are great products and each have their quirks but you really cant go wrong with either mouse IMHO.

Wanted to say a big thankyou for all the detailed and invaluable information here guys. I was trying to decide between a Naga and a g600, and having read all you have to say I have ordered a g600 direct from Logitech for £70 (UK). Your info made my decision alot easier The Naga (not the 2012 ver) was £50 on amazon, but was concerned about reviews on amazon.co.uk saying the build quality is not good and them dying within a year ... the 20m click rating of the g600 won it for me, along with the palm v claw, and the easier to find buttons. Im really enjoying D3, and wanting as many mouse buttons as poss bought a Logitech g500 3 weeks ago, which is now going back. Lots of profile activation problems on Win 7 x64, uncomfortable button placings, and a loose feeling wheel. I was wondering if you guys are on Win 7 x64, as people have said profile activation works great on x32, but not on x64 for the g500, and im wondering if im going to have similar problems on the g600. Interesting comment on the tilt, which im assuming is harder to activate than you are used to ... that will actually be a bonus for me as in d3 im using wheel click for healing potion, wheel left for map and wheel right for inventory ... needless to say alot of the time im about to die I end up on my map screen rather than applying a health boost hehe. But this will no doubt now be irrelevant as i probably wont need to assign the wheel tilts to anything with the g600's abundance of buttons I am hoping that the g600's wheel is sturdy ... im not a fan of Logitechs flimsy and noisy wheels, but i guess alot of that has to do with the free spin and tilt mechanisms, so i can live with it if it is I also use 'hold down to force standing still' while firing in d3, can you tell me if the g600 can be programmed to immitate holding down the key? when I finish with d3, ill prob be heading back to sw tor so im really hoping im going to get valuefrom the g600 and that it will last some years ... oh and i went for white :) I have quite big hands, Ill let you know if I wheelie my mouse Thanks again guys ... you really helped me out :)

Wanted to say a big thankyou for all the detailed and invaluable information here guys. I was trying to decide between a Naga and a g600, and having read all you have to say I have ordered a g600 direct from Logitech for £70 (UK). Your info made my decision alot easier The Naga (not the 2012 ver) was £50 on amazon, but was concerned about reviews on amazon.co.uk saying the build quality is not good and them dying within a year ... the 20m click rating of the g600 won it for me, along with the palm v claw, and the easier to find buttons. Im really enjoying D3, and wanting as many mouse buttons as poss bought a Logitech g500 3 weeks ago, which is now going back. Lots of profile activation problems on Win 7 x64, uncomfortable button placings, and a loose feeling wheel. I was wondering if you guys are on Win 7 x64, as people have said profile activation works great on x32, but not on x64 for the g500, and im wondering if im going to have similar problems on the g600. Interesting comment on the tilt, which im assuming is harder to activate than you are used to ... that will actually be a bonus for me as in d3 im using wheel click for healing potion, wheel left for map and wheel right for inventory ... needless to say alot of the time im about to die I end up on my map screen rather than applying a health boost hehe. But this will no doubt now be irrelevant as i probably wont need to assign the wheel tilts to anything with the g600's abundance of buttons I am hoping that the g600's wheel is sturdy ... im not a fan of Logitechs flimsy and noisy wheels, but i guess alot of that has to do with the free spin and tilt mechanisms, so i can live with it if it is I also use 'hold down to force standing still' while firing in d3, can you tell me if the g600 can be programmed to immitate holding down the key? when I finish with d3, ill prob be heading back to sw tor so im really hoping im going to get valuefrom the g600 and that it will last some years ... oh and i went for white :) I have quite big hands, Ill let you know if I wheelie my mouse Thanks again guys ... you really helped me out :)
I'm happy to tell you that their are no issues with the profile activations and I'm running x64 ult. This mouse is really good in d3 because I can basically just play the game with my right hand and talk on the phone or something with my left haha. Also works great in bf3 for quick weapon switching and reloading. You'll probably be very happy with this mouse, I actually wanted to get the white one but they only had the black one in stock. I'm planning to return and hopefully get the white one from amazon., looks a lot nicer Imo. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I'm happy to tell you that their are no issues with the profile activations and I'm running x64 ult. This mouse is really good in d3 because I can basically just play the game with my right hand and talk on the phone or something with my left haha. Also works great in bf3 for quick weapon switching and reloading. You'll probably be very happy with this mouse, I actually wanted to get the white one but they only had the black one in stock. I'm planning to return and hopefully get the white one from amazon., looks a lot nicer Imo. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Thats great many thx for the info .... I play lying down on a sofa with monitor on a table right in front of me, so 1 handed play is awesome hehe ... means i can smoke and play too ;) and I just got a swtor 1.3 update email saying i can come back and play for free for 7 days ... im happy :) fingers crossed the wheel is solid is now really my only conern

Thats great many thx for the info .... I play lying down on a sofa with monitor on a table right in front of me, so 1 handed play is awesome hehe ... means i can smoke and play too ;) and I just got a swtor 1.3 update email saying i can come back and play for free for 7 days ... im happy :) fingers crossed the wheel is solid is now really my only conern
Yea the wheel is pretty solid it makes a little noise but nothing too bothersome at all Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

I was wondering if you guys are on Win 7 x64, as people have said profile activation works great on x32, but not on x64 for the g500, and im wondering if im going to have similar problems on the g600. I also use 'hold down to force standing still' while firing in d3, can you tell me if the g600 can be programmed to immitate holding down the key?
Despite my issues with form factor of the mouse itself, the software was flawless for me (I'm on Win 7 x64). The Logitech software can be customized for anything per button. If you want to simulate a certain key all you have to do is choose the Keystroke assignment option and then use the key you want. If you want to keep the mouse assignments universal per game I'd recommend the following... Similar to the default setup of the Naga set the Logitech software to uncommon use keys like the NumPad. Then in the game you're playing you can set up the second key binding for the action to the NumPad key you setup in the Logitech software. As an example you would set the far right button of the G600 to the 'NumPad .' key. Then in Diablo 3 you could set the second key option for stand in place to 'NumPad.' on the Numpad. Then in WoW if you wanted the far right button to toggle Autorun you could simply set the second key binding for Autorun to 'NumPad .'. This prevents having to set the G600 far right key to 'Shift' for Diablo 3 and then changing it to 'NumLock' for WoW.