Sign in to follow this  
sam.chen

Custom PC Review Needs Writers!

Nobody has such time. Whether you're a little boy, a college student, or a full-employed worker, you're always busy. I would've loved to be an author / reviewer but sadly, I do not have the time to nor do I have the equipment to be one.
Well, I still work a primary job so I'm sure there are those who enjoy working with tech enough to do some news or product reviews. That being said, I'm definitely working hard on the site and the YT channel so I can make some money to pay writers and the site hosting and all that good stuff. Too bad ad revenue is so weak right now =/.

Well, I still work a primary job so I'm sure there are those who enjoy working with tech enough to do some news or product reviews. That being said, I'm definitely working hard on the site and the YT channel so I can make some money to pay writers and the site hosting and all that good stuff. Too bad ad revenue is so weak right now =/.
would love to do this but not sure what i'd write in 1k words.. i can hardly start anything well, once i do i can keep writting

would love to do this but not sure what i'd write in 1k words.. i can hardly start anything well, once i do i can keep writting
Haha yeah I think once you get the momentum rolling it just feels pretty natural to write. But if you're interested, any type of article would be pretty nice. I'd be happy to drop it under a contributing writer account and you can drop your name at the end of the article. News, tutorials, editorials and all that good stuff works. What I'm hoping for is this site to grow to the point where I can get some advertising sold and be able to compensate writers maybe a flat rate per article or something.

Haha yeah I think once you get the momentum rolling it just feels pretty natural to write. But if you're interested, any type of article would be pretty nice. I'd be happy to drop it under a contributing writer account and you can drop your name at the end of the article. News, tutorials, editorials and all that good stuff works. What I'm hoping for is this site to grow to the point where I can get some advertising sold and be able to compensate writers maybe a flat rate per article or something.
even if this site had more people that would be awsome, i cant wait for this forum to pick up 9and i know it will)

even if this site had more people that would be awsome' date=' i cant wait for this forum to pick up 9and i know it will)[/quote'] Yeah for sure. I think it's a much better communications platform than YT. The comments system is so jacked lol.

I'd be more than qualified to do the reviewer position (Both in written and video form) but like you said it takes time and with me being a full time student along with me running my own channel and blog, it would be hard. Best of luck to you man! If I do happen to have a ton of free time at some point, I'd love to join! Any chance you would be able to do a Summer type "internship" where I just do it during the summer when I have a lot of time?

I'd be more than qualified to do the reviewer position (Both in written and video form) but like you said it takes time and with me being a full time student along with me running my own channel and blog, it would be hard. Best of luck to you man! If I do happen to have a ton of free time at some point, I'd love to join! Any chance you would be able to do a Summer type "internship" where I just do it during the summer when I have a lot of time?
Same here, that would be awsome, i have things here and there that i SHOULD be doing but am lazy =P so unless i have school work i have nothing else to do, maybe a light reviewer for small things?

Haha sure. I'd vouch for you as an intern. It'd definitely be a good resume booster for those looking to get into the computer hardware industry.
Same here' date=' that would be awsome, i have things here and there that i SHOULD be doing but am lazy =P so unless i have school work i have nothing else to do, maybe a light reviewer for small things?[/quote'] Yeah definitely. Maybe some peripherals one day. If any of you are interested in doing some news or tutorials or something once in a while on the weekends or such, feel free to send it over to me and I can make sure to post it on the site with your name attached. Otherwise, if you're interested in doing something long term I can get you setup with an account too.

is there an age requirement
For reviewer positions, it's 18+ and in the USA and Canada since you'll need to be eligible to sign a contract with us. USA/Canada because most companies we deal with have region specific marketing depts. For writers, you can be any age, but you'll need to be able to write (English) very well.

Hmm' date=' but to be a writer you'll have to have the product that you'll be reviewing right?[/quote'] Nope. But reviewing products is only for product reviewers. Writers can opt to report news and write editorials.

Wish I had more time, It does take a few hours to write and test a review product its not just something you throw together in a few minutes. Sam are you going to break it down in Groups for instance 1 reviewer doing CPU Coolers / 1 Doing GPUs / 1 SSD etc?

Well I'm personally interested in this, but sadly I'm only 14, though I think I meet the other requirements, and I do think I have good English. :P But I'm at the other side of the world with a different timezone (Malaysia, Asia), and I think they would not be comfortable with me posting articles when they're sleeping LOL! But to the Admins/Mods of this forum you guys can check out my article review of the Steelseries Kana I posted at the Reviews section, but it's currently under moderation by a Moderator so a Moderator will have to approve it.

Wish I had more time, It does take a few hours to write and test a review product its not just something you throw together in a few minutes. Sam are you going to break it down in Groups for instance 1 reviewer doing CPU Coolers / 1 Doing GPUs / 1 SSD etc?
Yup definitely right on that. Quality is definitely the top priority for these reviews, so thorough testing and informative write ups. Yeah, specialization is definitely something I'm trying to work towards in the future especially as I start getting more and more reviewers onboard.
Well I'm personally interested in this, but sadly I'm only 14, though I think I meet the other requirements, and I do think I have good English. :P But I'm at the other side of the world with a different timezone (Malaysia, Asia), and I think they would not be comfortable with me posting articles when they're sleeping LOL! But to the Admins/Mods of this forum you guys can check out my article review of the Steelseries Kana I posted at the Reviews section, but it's currently under moderation by a Moderator so a Moderator will have to approve it.
As for our news and article writers, any articles posted will be submitted for review prior to being posted, so either myself or another editor will have to approve of the articles before they go online. This means we'll probably go in and make some edits to grammar, spelling, check the sources and all that stuff. Also, for reviewers, you'll need to be in the USA or Canada. Unfortunately, most companies have different regional branches who can only serve a certain market. North America tends to be just USA/Canada. Also, I approved your post. :)

Yup definitely right on that. Quality is definitely the top priority for these reviews, so thorough testing and informative write ups. Yeah, specialization is definitely something I'm trying to work towards in the future especially as I start getting more and more reviewers onboard. As for our news and article writers, any articles posted will be submitted for review prior to being posted, so either myself or another editor will have to approve of the articles before they go online. This means we'll probably go in and make some edits to grammar, spelling, check the sources and all that stuff. Also, for reviewers, you'll need to be in the USA or Canada. Unfortunately, most companies have different regional branches who can only serve a certain market. North America tends to be just USA/Canada. Also, I approved your post. :)
Well, you can get a "taste" of my English and grammar from my review. :P But yeah, it's good that the articles go for review before being posted. And yay! Thanks for approving it.

Updated as of July 2012. Both Contributing Writer and Technical Reviewer positions are open.
Hey Sam, I plan to sit down and write this stuff out for you for either position. As much as I'd love to be a technical reviewer, I have a quesiton; does the camera have to be a DSLR? I should be able to have access to one but just wanted to make sure that access is available to me before I submit anything in that vein. Hoping this works out well! :) Antonio

Hey Sam, I plan to sit down and write this stuff out for you for either position. As much as I'd love to be a technical reviewer, I have a quesiton; does the camera have to be a DSLR? I should be able to have access to one but just wanted to make sure that access is available to me before I submit anything in that vein. Hoping this works out well! :) Antonio
Sounds great! As far as the technical reviewers go, yeah I'd really like my guys to have DSLRs so that there's a minimum quality for photos. I'd be happy to have you as a news hound though and if you ever end up grabbing a DSLR we can definitely get you in as a reviewer. :)