Sign in to follow this  
jacub

Gaming Rig

I am designing and building a rig for gaming/burning/media. I have been thinking over it for months now (buying will extra money from college) and I think I have it all planned out. Just want some extra input from other computer builders (this is my 4th rig. others where not as high end and they where super cheap). I also want this rig for the custom aspect and plan to make it liquid cooled just for the looks. Core i7-3820k Sandy Bridge-e 3.6GHz (3.8GHz turbo) Sabertooth X79 LGA 2011 Motherboard G. Skill Ripjaws series DDR3 1066 (total of 32gb) Barracuda Green 1.5TB 3.5" HD Dual Gigabyte VGA series 1GD Radeon HD 6850 256-bit Crossfire Ready LG 12x Super Multi Blue with 3D Playback EK h30 360 Liquid Cooling Kit - (CPU, Motherboard, GPU blocks) Cougar CMX 1000w Semi-Modular AeroCool Strike-X ST Full-Tower Gaming Case If anyone has any input at all on the setup i have come up with feel free to comment. This build when it is complete will come out to about $2600 + shipping. Thanks you for checking out my post

ok if you are going for a lga2011 system I would highly recommend you to go for at least a i7 3930k go check out my build for may 2012 : high end build if you don't do resource heavy programs like cinema 4d, after effects, autocad I would rather go for a lga1155 i7 3770k use the money to buy a gtx 680 or 670. and throw in a ssd raid 0 set up.