Sign in to follow this  
Carson Chang

SteelSeries Siberia v2 or Other

My mic broke, so it looks like I'm going to need a new headset. I play a lot of Counter-Strike: Source and I need a headset with good position audio. I also want a headset that is decent for music, which I found in the SteelSeries Siberia v2. I almost bought them but I decided to get an opinion from someone on here. So my question is, should I go with the SteelSeries or get a different headset? My budget is $90 USD and below. Thanks.

My mic broke' date=' so it looks like I'm going to need a new headset. I play a lot of Counter-Strike: Source and I need a headset with good position audio. I also want a headset that is decent for music, which I found in the SteelSeries Siberia v2. I almost bought them but I decided to get an opinion from someone on here. So my question is, should I go with the SteelSeries or get a different headset? My budget is $90 USD and below. Thanks.[/quote'] If you've been happy with the Siberia v2 previously, I think there's no reason to switch out. That headset is pretty good unless you've got a huge head like me... then it just doesn't fit right. Another good option is the Corsair Vengeance 1300 or Vengeance 1500 if you wanna try out something new. Grab a 1300 if you've got a dedicated internal soundcard and a 1500 if you don't. If you've got a couple more bucks to spare, I'm using the Steelseries 7H Fnatic, which is the one I like the most. It'll sound very much like the Siberia v2 (I'm guessing they use identical drivers) but the fit is MUCH better. The Fnatic edition also uses SNDblk materials which is nice since it's cloth that has the sound isolation properties of leather. Doesn't get as hot.

If you've been happy with the Siberia v2 previously' date=' I think there's no reason to switch out. That headset is pretty good unless you've got a huge head like me... then it just doesn't fit right. Another good option is the Corsair Vengeance 1300 or Vengeance 1500 if you wanna try out something new. Grab a 1300 if you've got a dedicated internal soundcard and a 1500 if you don't. If you've got a couple more bucks to spare, I'm using the Steelseries 7H Fnatic, which is the one I like the most. It'll sound very much like the Siberia v2 (I'm guessing they use identical drivers) but the fit is MUCH better. The Fnatic edition also uses SNDblk materials which is nice since it's cloth that has the sound isolation properties of leather. Doesn't get as hot.
Unfortunately I don't like the look of the Corsair's plus they are a bit high priced. Same thing with the 7H Fnatic Edition. I head the Siberia v2 was very comfortable. I can get it for cheap too. That's why I was leaning towards it.

Unfortunately I don't like the look of the Corsair's plus they are a bit high priced. Same thing with the 7H Fnatic Edition. I head the Siberia v2 was very comfortable. I can get it for cheap too. That's why I was leaning towards it.
Well if Amazon is any indication, the Siberia v2 is actually priced $10 higher than the Vengeance 1300, so I'm not sure about them being high priced. TBH I think they're competitive at the very least. Looks obviously will depend on the buyer. The 7H series is definitely pricier, but for me the comfort is worth the extra cost. The Siberia v2 on the other hand didn't fit right for me at all. I had a huge gap between the bottom of the earcup and my ear. Course, I'm a pretty special circumstance... I have a huge head and I wear glasses. :(

Well if Amazon is any indication, the Siberia v2 is actually priced $10 higher than the Vengeance 1300, so I'm not sure about them being high priced. TBH I think they're competitive at the very least. Looks obviously will depend on the buyer. The 7H series is definitely pricier, but for me the comfort is worth the extra cost. The Siberia v2 on the other hand didn't fit right for me at all. I had a huge gap between the bottom of the earcup and my ear. Course, I'm a pretty special circumstance... I have a huge head and I wear glasses. :(
Yeah I just noticed that. But I can get it refurbished if I have to. I also wear glasses but I'm not sure if my head is large or small haha. So I guess it's a risk I'll have to take. The only problem I have with the 7H Fnatic is the orange ear cups and price. And the Regular 7H is also high priced.

Yeah I just noticed that. But I can get it refurbished if I have to. I also wear glasses but I'm not sure if my head is large or small haha. So I guess it's a risk I'll have to take. The only problem I have with the 7H Fnatic is the orange ear cups and price. And the Regular 7H is also high priced.
With the 7H Fnatic you can switch out of the orange earcups. Another set of black earcups are included with the headset. The top orange padding can't be switched out though, which is a bummer. I'd have to say though.... those orange earcups are what makes the Fnatic edition special. That SNDblock material is amazing. I don't understand why SteelSeries doesn't use that stuff for everything they make.

just to chime in here, I own a pair of v2s from around the time they were launched and love them so much. Iv convinced a lot of friends to get them aswell. I use em for gaming and music (riding the bus :P) For the price I dont think anything else compares and u get to join the club: I see people around the city also rocking these and we might just nod from across the street or w/e but its cool 8D

just to chime in here' date=' I own a pair of v2s from around the time they were launched and love them so much. Iv convinced a lot of friends to get them aswell. I use em for gaming and music (riding the bus :P) For the price I dont think anything else compares and u get to join the club: I see people around the city also rocking these and we might just nod from across the street or w/e but its cool 8D[/quote'] Good to know. So can I wear these for 4+ hours without any pain?

I wear them for extreme amounts of time with no discomfort. Im not a small guy either. I cant say if they are going to be comfortable for everyone but personally speaking they are very light and built in a way so they can flex to fit most heads. The only "discomfort" would be that they do heat up on ur ears eventually but for any big headset you will notice that :P

I wear them for extreme amounts of time with no discomfort. Im not a small guy either. I cant say if they are going to be comfortable for everyone but personally speaking they are very light and built in a way so they can flex to fit most heads. The only "discomfort" would be that they do heat up on ur ears eventually but for any big headset you will notice that :P
Oh ok. I was worried about ear discomfort like with those cheaper small headsets. Thanks for the input.

If you've been happy with the Siberia v2 previously' date=' I think there's no reason to switch out. That headset is pretty good unless you've got a huge head like me... then it just doesn't fit right. Another good option is the Corsair Vengeance 1300 or Vengeance 1500 if you wanna try out something new. Grab a 1300 if you've got a dedicated internal soundcard and a 1500 if you don't. If you've got a couple more bucks to spare, I'm using the Steelseries 7H Fnatic, which is the one I like the most. It'll sound very much like the Siberia v2 (I'm guessing they use identical drivers) but the fit is MUCH better. The Fnatic edition also uses SNDblk materials which is nice since it's cloth that has the sound isolation properties of leather. Doesn't get as hot.
I actually might go with the 1300.

Siberia v2 is smart bet for headphones there is no reasons to let it go out. It have pretty good sound quality actually, It have many other cool options also like Corsair vengeance or Vengeance 1500. It will be pretty good actually you have another options and for that you have to Grab a 1300, If you are having dedicated internal soundcard and a 1500 if you don't.