Sign in to follow this  
sam.chen

Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8/X9 Group Buy #4 Thread

i brought up in the old group buy number 3 thread that i found out that there are other rebrands of this same model. well as it turns out, don't judge a keyboard by its cover. even though the shell is the same as the other re-brands, the guts are not. my concerns were unnecessary. checkout the differences if you're concerned (post #8): MaxKeyboard Nighthawk X8/X9 Mechanical Keybaords - Overclockers Australia Forums my x8 will arrive tomorrow. excited!

@Samwar OP updated. @chinkgai Yup. Seems like a lot of manufacturers out there are using the same outer shell, which is causing a lot of confusion. So far from what I've seen on various parts of the net, the Xarmor is the bad one while the Max Keyboard and the QPAD are good. Don't quote me on that since I don't actually have a Xarmor or QPAD, but yeah....

2 other keyboards companies use the same case , same parent company, Max keyboard has ALL TOP QUALITY PARTS and will never be a Issue. Xarmor or QPAD , Max keyboard = same parent company, Much like GM cars - Cadillac, Buick, Chevy

2 other keyboards companies use the same case , same parent company, Max keyboard has ALL TOP QUALITY PARTS and will never be a Issue. Xarmor or QPAD , Max keyboard = same parent company, Much like GM cars - Cadillac, Buick, Chevy
wait, so you're saying the same parent company owns xarmor, qpad, AND max keyboard? that doesn't sound right. what's the parent company name? what's your source?

@Samwar OP updated. @chinkgai Yup. Seems like a lot of manufacturers out there are using the same outer shell, which is causing a lot of confusion. So far from what I've seen on various parts of the net, the Xarmor is the bad one while the Max Keyboard and the QPAD are good. Don't quote me on that since I don't actually have a Xarmor or QPAD, but yeah....
yeah i hope monoprice sends you a sample to review so we can get a clearer picture. however MP doesnt advertise NRKO, so i bet it has the inferior guts like the xarmor (no resistors on LEDS, etc) EDIT: sorry the MP one DOES support NRKO, i overlooked it!

wait' date=' so you're saying the same parent company owns xarmor, qpad, AND max keyboard? that doesn't sound right. what's the parent company name? what's your source?[/quote'] My source ...HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA do a little homework you can find out just like I did

That's what makes the world so great some of us can think and Some cant' date=' Do your homework Brah[/quote'] lol are you serious? personal attack? i'm not that interested in your little secret. if a quick 2 minute google search won't yield me any results, i find myself not really caring all that much. like i said, you can hold on to whatever little secret you think you have if it makes you feel bigger and better about yourself.

lol are you serious? personal attack? i'm not that interested in your little secret. if a quick 2 minute google search won't yield me any results, i find myself not really caring all that much. like i said, you can hold on to whatever little secret you think you have if it makes you feel bigger and better about yourself.
No your the one with personal attack You said "I don't think you're right though" your the one that said you don't think not me. I know I'm 300% right, I did care enough to find out for myself where My keyboard came from and the type company it comes especially when it a little or unknown company I'm sending money to as I do everything I purchase or Review.

wait' date=' so you're saying the same parent company owns xarmor, qpad, AND max keyboard? that doesn't sound right. what's the parent company name? what's your source?[/quote'] They don't "own" they manufacturer for... it's called an OEM manufacturer. Here is their contact info if you feel the need to call them yourself. United States Office Qumax Corporation 41656 Christy Street Fremont, CA 94538, U.S.A Email: [email protected] Tel: +1 510-413-9018 Fax: +1 510-413-9010 Web site: iOne touchpad keyboard, trackball keyboard, mechanical keyboard, gaming keyboard Germany Office Itron Technology GmbH Sperberweg 4C 41468 Neuss, Germany Email: [email protected] Tel: +49 2131-88092-0 Fax: +49 2131-88092-77 Web site: Itron Technology Taiwan Office Ione International Co., Ltd. 8F-1, #75, Sec. 1, Hsin Tai Wu Rd. Hsichih, Taipei Hsien, Taiwan, R.O.C. (Far East World Center-Bldg A) Email: [email protected] Tel: +886 2-2698-2566 Fax: +886 2-2698-3133 Web site: Ione Technology Inc. BTW I am not fanning a flame war I just thought this might help to resolve the misunderstanding...

Hey guys, feel free to share opinions and post information you find (stay on topic!), but let's not start a flame war in this thread. Below's the official word when I asked Max Keyboard about QPAD. I doubt Xarmor, QPAD, Max, Monoprice are all 100% same company operating under different names, but they probably buy OEM parts (at least the outer shell) from the same company.

We are not sure who is Qpad's manufacture although they do looks alike our Nighthawk series. All our internal design (PCB layout and material) spec. are design by us.

Anyway, as Sam and another member have already posted above, the three companies use the same OEM manufacturers and are not in any way related to eachother or owned by a "parent" company. They simply use the same oem for the shell of their keyboards. Qpad USA's website is owned and registered by Jason Bass, co-owner of Team ComPlexity. iOne and Max keyboard are both owned by folks in the bay area (California) with no apparent relation to eachother nor Qpad. Again, there is no parent company that owns these companies. Simply a common OEM. You're 300% wrong if you think there is a parent company that owns all three companies. ADMIN's Notes: **What'd I say about flame wars in the post above? Any more and I'll start deleting posts.**