Sign in to follow this  
Russell Robinson

My setup!

Hey, this is my first personal pc that I ever built and my desk area(pics just quickly snapped on my phone). I hav been learning, and building computers for friends and others and i hav to say my standards have increased a lot. I dont know how much longer I can keep this PC around cuz I feel it was built so sloppy 2817nm1.jpg1zh0gi8.jpg2rhus2a.jpgsynpep.jpg Specs: Intel i7 920 (the original i7 baby :P) overclocked to 4ghz using Swiftech Apogee GTZ Asus p6t deluxe x58 motherboard 6GB OCZ Gold DDR3 1600Mhz triple channel ram 8-8-8-24 Asus ATI HD5870v2 1GB video card overclocked to 975mhz on the core, 1225mhz mem WD caviar black 1tb hard drive Cooler master HAF932 case with swiftech 3x120mm rad in the roof using feser one fluid, bitspower barbs, scythe fans Corsair HX1000w ( overkill, I orig. had a 4870x2 and was going to save for 2, but it blew out on me and i never came across the funding. also came to realize 2 wouldnt hav been such a good idea) and an ATI HD650 pcie tv tuner I do hav a Logitech DFGT off to the side that I attach to my desk when i wana play some racing games. makes the biggest difference to play with a wheel! EDIT: Ill try snap some nicer pics one i clean things up :P and thats a 23" 2048x1152 LCD

very, very nice build. I myself will be utilizing a swiftech radiator and pump for an upcoming Ivy Bridge build to keep that lit'l sucker cool while overclocking. Haven't decided on what kind of waterblocks I will be using yet. Where did you get your parts by the way? I am probably going to use FrozenCPU for my purchases just because that's who I have always bought from in the past, but are there any others out there besides Xoxide here in the US that have quality water cooling components?

haha thanks for the compliments! @sam, yea the speakers sound great even tho they are sideways. Im going to be getting a new digital amp to drive them properly eventually. They are actualy second hand from a buddy who build a whole new home theater and didnt know what to do with these :D (thers a sub on the floor too ) @vautourex, the HAF cases really do offer a lot of options and certainly live up the the high air flow name. However iv grown tired of the agressive looks. looking towards silverstone, lian li or corsair for a clean cut case. @SketchMode, Im in ontario canada so the stores are a bit different, but I did actually hav to get my GPU block from frozenCPU over in newyork as no local stores carried it at the time. If your seriously looking at liquid cooling, the swiftech MCP655B its top of the class and you can buy many aftermarket tops for it, some with resevouirs connected. however I would say there are other rad companies that will do a better job if ur willing to kick up a bit more cash( XSPC instantly comes to mind with their thick rads). EK, swiftech, bitspower and koolance all hav nice blocks - just depends on ur application.

XD Its amazing! Its all about pixel density and not many ppl can say they hav a 2k res monitor:P Im only gona replace it when these 4k screens that all the LCD companies keep teasing come to market. Also a bit of unfortunate news, my corsair PSU fan stopped spinning, so Iv gotten an RMA set up. Id gladly replace the fan myself but that voids the rest of the units warranty.