Sign in to follow this  
Techmobin

ASUS Z77 SABERTOOTH MoB

Just purchased this MoB for a grand total of $289.00 So far i am VERY IMPRESSED with the slick design and outstanding features included in the buy. This will be the MoB used in my new $2000.00 build and cant wait to unlock its full potential :D Some of these features include: Thermal Armor -Military design that covers the entire MoB combined with the use of 2 35mm fans, that attach directly onto the MoB, the overall airflow is boosted as well as a very rapid cooldown. Thermal Radar -MOnitors the temperature of the MoB and automaticall adjust fan speeds for optimal system stability. Overtime feature included with thermal radar allows fans to continue working after use of system, to allow a faster cooldown and preserve the components inside. Dust Defenders -Because of Dust buildup inside of empty PCIE and MEM slots. ASUS came out with these new futuristic DUST DEFENDERS. THey easily slide into empty PCIE or MEM slots and prevent dust or other airborn particles from entering these areas. THis helps preserve the overal life of your system and prevents system failure. TUF Components -Military tested chokes, capacitors and MOSFET's. (Very durable!!!) New DIGI+ Power Control -Allows precise, acurate voltage tuning of the CPU, GPU and DRAM for better stability, performance and efficency. USB BIOS Flashback -Allows users to access new BIOS updates through the use of a USB Flashdrive. Easy to use, save time surfing the web for new drive updates. Network Icontrol -Allows Users to setup profiles that are setup to benifit the particular program they have installed or in use at the time. This allows one to choose power saver, performance or quite mode options depending on the program at use durring the time of use. OVERALL: A must have for any new build and will be the best MoB for the price on the market for years to come!

If you would like to see the MoB you can check out my youtube channel. It is under the same name i use on here. Or look at other reviews of this board on youtube. THis is the first component i have bought for my build which will be all together and completed by end of June early July. Test and personal opinions of board will be brought forth after build when everything is setup and configured. PLease subcribe to my channel or come back for my full opinion on this MoB and components i will be installing on it. If you are looking for just a general idea of how this board looks to add to the astetics of your case type in the board ASUS Z77 SABERTOOTH into your web browser for quick pics of this MOB.

If you are wondering why i picked this particular Mother Board in the first place, it is because of the outstanding reviews given by the community and commentators alike as well as the "basic" overview of the board itself. IN my opinion this is an oustanding board worthy of 10 out of 10 stars, (if i was rating this product,) even though i have not yet tested the product myself. This is because of its overall easy to use system that allows me to do everything i really need to do to this system. IM not looking to push my system till it burns, or am i looking for the fastest system out there. I am simply looking for a system that can perform at the highest quality with reliable performance and maintain a 2000.00 budget. test for this product will be released by me mid July by me on youtube. As well as any overclocking i plan to do to this system. (More than likely none though.)

Uh... Read the Rules?

I know a lot of you guys have some pretty high end stuff so feel free to use this section to post reviews about the stuff you own! Here are the rules:
  • Must have full product make/model in the title.
  • Must have pictures! Let's see this thing!

It shouldn't be very difficult to follow those rules, so please do so! Also, if it's a review you've written on another site, please don't just drop a link over here. We don't want to have to go to some other site to read your review. Happy reviewing! biggrin.gif

OH okay lol. Didnt read the rules. Just joined today so ill go and check those out before jumping into any more threads that i am already in. Yeah ill show some pics of the board in just a minute then now knowing that they are required. Sorry to not have followed that rule. Will be uploaded shortly.

Oh, wow! that does look very sleek and clean. My only concern is the two 35mm fans that are included as part of the "Thermal Armor" cooling solution. Sleeve bearing fans like these require cleaning and maintenance and frequently fail altogether. What happens if you lose a fan? Even if you catch it and the board suffers no physical damage getting a replacement from ASUS is not going to be easy. I have a ASUS ROG crosshair IV that had an issue with the north bridge heat sink not being seated properly from the factory causing frequent temperature shutdowns. After attempting to deal with ASUS support for a month over the issue I finally gave up took the board into the shop at work and filled down the pins myself... Viola! works like a charm now... But I hope you all the best in your building endeavors.

Yeah iv also heard other failures about asus motherboards. But it seems like anything now adays has a product here and there that rolls out with a few of them having defects. Hopefully tht doesnt happen on this one haha fingers crossed!! And really one month no response!!!??

Oh' date=' wow! that does look very sleek and clean. My only concern is the two 35mm fans that are included as part of the "Thermal Armor" cooling solution. Sleeve bearing fans like these require cleaning and maintenance and frequently fail altogether. What happens if you lose a fan? Even if you catch it and the board suffers no physical damage getting a replacement from ASUS is not going to be easy. I have a ASUS ROG crosshair IV that had an issue with the north bridge heat sink not being seated properly from the factory causing frequent temperature shutdowns. After attempting to deal with ASUS support for a month over the issue I finally gave up took the board into the shop at work and filled down the pins myself... Viola! works like a charm now... But I hope you all the best in your building endeavors.[/quote'] From what I've seen, that thermal armor wasn't that great.. at least with p67/z68. Isn't the thermal armor removable?

From what I've seen' date=' that thermal armor wasn't that great.. at least with p67/z68. Isn't the thermal armor removable?[/quote'] I don't know if it can be entirely removed, but I do know that this particular model has dust covers for the unused PCIe slots, memory slots, plus the USB and Firewire headers. sabertoothoverview.jpg

Honestly I couldn't tell you for sure as I have yet to even put to use this board as i am still obtaining components for current build. But out of all the reviews i have watched this has the most accessories and cooling options compared to the G1.Sniper. I was actually deciding between G1.Sniper, Sabertooth and the (at the time) upcoming Maximus V. Was really tempted to go with Max V btw haha. But in the end i decided on the Sabertooth because of the 2 PCIE3.0 Slots Easy to use BIOS and overclocking options. Built in temperature monitors that allows you to see where heat builds up the most in your build, easy to upgrade drives because of USB TO BIOS option and also i love the overall ascetics of the MoB. Looks like a tank haha :D I hope the thermal armor lives up to its expectations and works as it says it will though. (That is my only concern. That it will just build up dust.) But they do give you the option to remove it I heard, but i have yet to figure out how nor do i plan to unless i must.

From what I've seen' date=' that thermal armor wasn't that great.. at least with p67/z68. Isn't the thermal armor removable?[/quote'] Yes it's removable, though I'm not sure why you would buy this and then remove it. It's also a much improved design compared to the "old" p67. I'd still say it's a bit of a gimmick but to me it looks really sleek and awesome. I bought this motherboard the other day for $205 at MicroCenter (deal with the i5-3570k) and I gotta say it looks so much better than any pictures shown. I was pleasantly surprised when i got it out of the box. I haven't finished my system yet (Start of June probably) so i can't say anything about performance but from reviews it looks solid with some nice features to boot.