Sign in to follow this  
Sam Adams

Cable threading

Hi I once read about something called cable threading and I was thinking of doing to my first build to give it a clean look. Any advice or cool designs?
Are you referring to cable management, as in hiding the cables from view and increasing airflow throughout the case? Or are you talking about cable sleeving, in other words covering the cables with a braided PET "sleeve" protecting it and at the same time adding some visual flair? If it is the latter then might I suggest a web site that I use often when ordering sleeving for customers computers Flexo® UV Reactive Expandable Braided Sleeving, they have a great selection of both sizes and colors. BTW check out some of the specialty colors such as "jester" or the "ogre" color schemes. You'll also need to get some heat shrink to secure the sleeving http://cableorganizer.com/uv-reactive/uv-reactive-heat-shrink.html. You will also need to watch a video on removing common computer connectors such as SATA, Molex, PCIe connectors, etc. Youtube has a few decent videos on this subject, How To Remove the Pins on the 24 Pin and 6/8 PCIe Cables - YouTube. Finally you will need the tools, a PSU modding kit will give you everything you need to remove any connector type, Newegg.com - SUNBEAMTECH PMTK PSU Modding Tool Kit you will also need a decent set of precision screw drivers. I hope this helps and happy modding. BTW post some pictures when you get done.

thanks the was some pro advice' date=' im still a nooby but ill start building in a month, currently out of the country, but thanks again for all of the help[/quote'] no problem, happy modding... Don't forget to take some pictures when your done.

I was going to say exactly what Sketch said, looks like he knows what he's doing Also you may want to take care to keep the old sleeving as if the psu is under warranty the manufacturer won't take it back unless you have not modified it. just a little tip, and always do one at a time, that way you cannot get them in the wrong place