Sign in to follow this  
PC_user

been thinking about donations

I know we all upgrade from time to time and have Items piled in the closet / under the bed or where ever we can stick them. what I was thinking is a member that has something they are not using donates the Item to CPCR used only to give away to members. but to be considered for a Item or group of Items they must make a monetary Donation under the "donation" tab to CPCR to be used ONLY for server cost and the cost of keeping the site running. at the end of a said month or week everyone that Donated money Will be put in a "drawing" and use something like Random.org to make it fair, thoughts?

I know we all upgrade from time to time and have Items piled in the closet / under the bed or where ever we can stick them. what I was thinking is a member that has something they are not using donates the Item to CPCR used only to give away to members. but to be considered for a Item or group of Items they must make a monetary Donation under the "donation" tab to CPCR to be used ONLY for server cost and the cost of keeping the site running. at the end of a said month or week everyone that Donated money Will be put in a "drawing" and use something like Random.org to make it fair, thoughts?
Hmm... that's actually a great idea. Wonder if any members would be interested in doing something like this. I'll still be holding any official giveaways, but yeah maybe a perk or two to help get some more donations for hosting would be nice. Or just buy a lot of stuff through the referral links or something. Would help out a ton. :) If donations in the month goes over $143, I'd be happy to buy something that you guys maybe wanna see reviewed and give it away to one of the donators after I'm done. If anyone's interested, I can setup an official VIP section for this stuff.