Sign in to follow this  
jason.cpcr

Internet Speeds

Can anyone explain what is FIOS, in Australia we are still using ADSL (Telepohone lines to transmit internet signals) we are slowly changing to optic, but thats going to be finished in 5 years, i swear AU has third world internet..

Can anyone explain what is FIOS, in Australia we are still using ADSL (Telepohone lines to transmit internet signals) we are slowly changing to optic, but thats going to be finished in 5 years, i swear AU has third world internet..
FIOS = Fiber. It's a product offered by a major telecom company here in the USA, Verizon. About FiOS & FiOS Availability | FiOS Internet, TV & Phone | Verizon

My internet sucks... and I think it's over $30 a month, not sure. Might switch to Time Warner cable soon.
That's not bad. I don't like TWC at all. Used to use it when I lived in La Jolla for school. Worst.... ever... LOL

That's not bad. I don't like TWC at all. Used to use it when I lived in La Jolla for school. Worst.... ever... LOL
Ah, well Uverse is terrible as well... every time it gets windy, I need to call them to get a technician out here to fix the wiring... and it takes them at least two weeks to fix it.