Sign in to follow this  
TangoDestroyer

Nokia Lumia 900 vs others

I am very interested in the Nokia Lumia 900. Engadget's review, Nokia Lumia 900 review -- Engadget points out the phone seems to have plenty of features for a solid price. Did anyone buy this phone? How is the phone so far? How are your experiences with a windows phone compared to other phones? I had other interests in other phones such as the Samsung Galaxy S II and the Motorola Atrix 2. I am very intrigued in delving into the android market. To me, the apple iOS world seems too bland and dull. I currently own a iphone 3GS, and I've been hanging on to this phone since it came out, and I want to explore other phone avenues (I hope to make a worthy transition to a non-apple product). Bottom line, I want to buy a reasonable price phone that provides plenty of features for the price.

I am very interested in the Nokia Lumia 900. Engadget's review' date=' Nokia Lumia 900 review -- Engadget points out the phone seems to have plenty of features for a solid price. Did anyone buy this phone? How is the phone so far? How are your experiences with a windows phone compared to other phones? I had other interests in other phones such as the Samsung Galaxy S II and the Motorola Atrix 2. I am very intrigued in delving into the android market. To me, the apple iOS world seems too bland and dull. I currently own a iphone 3GS, and I've been hanging on to this phone since it came out, and I want to explore other phone avenues (I hope to make a worthy transition to a non-apple product). Bottom line, I want to buy a reasonable price phone that provides plenty of features for the price.
Hmm... I'd like to chime in but I'm an iPhone 4S user haha. My friend actually have a Lumia 900 I think.... or some high end Nokia phone so I'll see if I can play with it this weekend or something. Can't really do a comparison to an android handset, but I'll compare it to the iPhone. From my experiences with the Android phones though, as long as you don't mind tinkering with custom firmwares and such, those handsets are really nice. Unfortunately it seems like most stock firmwares are slow and crappy. I've actually played around with the Galaxy SII (AT&T edition) before and it's a pretty good phone. Of course, all I did was just install a custom firmware on one. Never actually had to live with the phone. Did notice the screen resolution isn't as nice as my iPhone 4S though, but everything is nice and big which is a hit with older people with less than stellar vision.

I've recently decided on my next long term phone. The HTC One X will be it, but I had been in a state of limbo since the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S3 will be announced some time later this week. The downside to the HTX One X is it doesn't have expandable storage though I read the Galaxy S3 will rumored to have only 16gb and 32gb with no expandable slots. Bottom line, I went with the HTC One X because I don't want to wait on the S3 and there's currently a hot $50 deal (gray color only) for the HTC One X on AmazonWireless: HTC One X 4G Android Phone, Gray (AT&T) (I believe this deal only works on upgrades in a family plan). I hope this deal is still live.

I am very interested in the Nokia Lumia 900. Engadget's review' date=' Nokia Lumia 900 review -- Engadget points out the phone seems to have plenty of features for a solid price. Did anyone buy this phone? How is the phone so far? How are your experiences with a windows phone compared to other phones? I had other interests in other phones such as the Samsung Galaxy S II and the Motorola Atrix 2. I am very intrigued in delving into the android market. To me, the apple iOS world seems too bland and dull. I currently own a iphone 3GS, and I've been hanging on to this phone since it came out, and I want to explore other phone avenues (I hope to make a worthy transition to a non-apple product). Bottom line, I want to buy a reasonable price phone that provides plenty of features for the price.
Nokia Lumia 900 is a smart choice, It is Cool but not satisfying like apple and samsung mobiles . I have used Nokia Lumia 900, It was quite good actually, It is simple to use, easy to handle and cool thing about it is that it have all new design.