Sign in to follow this  
jason.cpcr

My Build (UPGRADES TO COME)

So this is my equipment now. Feel Free to comment Case: HAF 912 with stock fans* Processor: i7 2600k Processor Fan: Stock* Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 RAM: 8gb Corsair DDR3 1333 PSU: OCZ MODX PSU 700W Hard Drive: 500 gb Western Digital Black 7,200 rpm Video Card: MSI 560ti Twin Frozr II edition CD Burner: LG OEM Primary Monitor: Acer 19" 1280x1024 + New Dell Ultrasharp U2412 Mouse: Razer Orochi Mouse Pad: Razer Kabuto Keyboard: Cooler Master Quick Fire Rapid w/ Cherry Mx Blues Headphones: Sennheiser HD 25-1 II (Not for gaming, but superb for audiophilia) Headphone Amp: Guitar Rig Mobile Webcam: Microsoft Lifecam 720p *Anything Marked with an (*) is what I plan on upgrading eventually. I'm doing the monitor and fans in the coming weeks/months. The keyboard is a hope I win the contest. And yes I will upgrade the stock fan eventually on the i7 but after everything else. My temps are fine right now.* Edit: Got a new monitor and keyboard.

Thumbs up for the Razer Mouse/Mousepad haha :) I love their products but question their durability because I had a mouse die on me, but I think it overheated from the palm rest LEDs so I don't use those anymore. I have the naga myself and the vespula mousepad. I highly recommend trying it out, one side for speed, one for more control, (awesome wrist wrest too). Really nice build overall dude, would love to see pics. :)

Yeah. I love their mice, especially for my claw grip :D. You should check out my review (under my first account Jason7141) for the Razer Orochi. It's pretty detailed. And pics are an iffy cause cable management is a nono. I might work on it when i get fans, if i can, but as of now it doesn't bother me cause my temps are normal and i don't have to open it very often. Maybe if i get enough requests Ill take a picture of the desk itself

I'd love monitor recommendations but I ask that it be available at Micro Center. Have a big gift card to them and want to take advantage of that. I'd like. 24 or 27 under 300 dollars
Might want the HP 2711x, its around $299.99 on Amazon and Micro Center probably has it.

sounds like a good build! But yeah I would definitely go with the 25" HP Monitor and a NH-D14 Air Cooling Fan' date=' or an H80 for basic water cooling[/quote'] No point going with the H80 over the NH-D14 unless you want a hotter and louder computer, the NH-14 performs on par the with H100 but significantly quieter. Water cooling with the close loop kits is not worth it unless you want it for the looks, although in a push/pull setup the H100 will outperform the D14 especially at high OC's but like i said its loud as hell, so you would want to put 4 Noctua fans on it but that makes it as expensive as buying a real W/C setup so its not worth it, keep coming back to the D14 being best price/performance/noise ratio around.

If you are still looking into pre-filled liquid cooling systems..Check out the Thermaltake 2.0. Heard about it off this website and how well it competes against corsiar H100 is remarkable. Cant wait to see this in action when i can purchase one :D

So all you are going to change is just aesthetics? there are a few good cases now, and we can't really tell you what to buy, it's all up to personal preference.. just go to a few pc sites and look through cases, then find the cheapest place to buy one.. as for monitors, i'd strongly suggest going into a store and physically seeing the monitor in action, as when they say contrast ratio etc, it can be faked to make as high as you want, true max contrast ration is something like 1:1000, so having a monitor that does 1:100000 kinda seems a little stupid. once again personal preference.. get one with glass screen for best colour accuracy, and if you want reliability to use it anywhere go for a matte screen finish... hope that helps..

Yes it does. and no not all my changes are cosmetic. I don't plan on changing the case, just maybe adding new fans. and eventually a decent cpu cooler, and more ram if something goes according to my plans. ;D But thanks for the monitor tip. That should happen soon depending if I move or not and when i get surgery.

Yes it does. and no not all my changes are cosmetic. I don't plan on changing the case' date=' just maybe adding new fans. and eventually a decent cpu cooler, and more ram if something goes according to my plans. ;D But thanks for the monitor tip. That should happen soon depending if I move or not and when i get surgery.[/quote'] well good luck with the surgery there are good fans out there but i'd check reviews, i have a spectre pro but it made wind noise pretty bad unless it was brought down to %50-%60 so if that doesnt bother you there you go, you can always go for the premium premium fans, like noctua or noise blockers, but they arn't exactly cheap..