Dan4567

Video Capture and IMAG Pc recomendations

Hello:

We are looking to upgrade our video hardware at our church and are evaluating our options. Instead of dealing with a hardware switcher, we are looking to utilize a software switcher like Wirecast to capture, record, display, and stream our program. These are the builds I am looking at:

1.  https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BPGv8K.
  2. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QZMp9J

The bottom line is this. Is this enough?

We want to ingest 6 camera feeds and 2 graphic feeds. The feed is then processed by Wirecast and output through the GPU or Blackmagic decklink recorder to our projector PC to be displayed on our IMAG. 

Should I be concerned out latency greater than 100ms?

Any input would be appreciated, especially if you are familiar with dealing with multiple capture sources in Wirecast.

This PC may also be used for post and photoshop as well.

It looks like it should be enough although honestly I'm not very familiar with Wirecast. That said, I've used OBS and it should be similar. On Wirecast's website, it seems like your system should be fine. Depending on your budget, it may be worthwhile to upgrade to a workstation grade graphics card though as Wirecast supports NVENC and I'm not sure if Wirecast will work with non-workstation cards.

As for latency, it shouldn't be an issue, but since it's quite a few streams of live video, it may be worthwhile to go with an Intel system that doesn't have the possibility of latency issues at all. That said, video feeds going from cameras into cables then into your system will easily crack 100ms of latency at its worst, so I doubt a little bit of interdie latency should be something to be worried about.