Sign in to follow this  
cupidsaint

Need help with upgrading

Need help with upgrading of my current setup as its getting old and i am unable to play new games properly anymore.

Current Setup

GPU: GTX 750TI OC
Storage: Samsung SSD 840 EVO, Toshiba 1TB
Motherboard: ASROCK B85M PRO 4
RAM:F3-1600C11S-4GNT x2
CPU:i5-4440 @ 3.10GHz
PSU:CM Elite Power 400W

Just tell me what ever i need to upgrade or is it better to just get a new one.

if so what setup will be the best for gaming at 1500 dollars without reusing my old parts.

What games are you planning to play and at what resolution/quality? The CPU, SSD, and RAM looks OK. I would probably just upgrade the GPU and the PSU. Which GPU would depend on what you're playing and at what resolution/quality. 

Well i am willing to fork out the cash so im thinking of a 1080 or maybe a 1070 as i am going for a vr ready system but will any of my other parts bottleneck? 

I will like to play games such as witcher 3 at ultra settings on 1440p at 60

The GTX 1070 or 1080 will both be fine. You may have a little bit of bottlenecking, but IMO it certainly wouldn't be cost efficient to upgrade the platform for the relatively minor gain in FPS. I'd rather have you spend the extra on a GTX 1080 Ti or Titan xP. 

Well, the RX 480's performance is somewhere closer to a GTX 1060. If you want something more powerful, AMD is expected to launch their enthusiast VEGA graphics platform by Q2. Unfortunately, no performance details on it are available, but it's expected to be somewhere between a GTX 1080 and GTX 1080 Ti. No pricing is known ATM. 

For the Witcher 3 however, I'd recommend a Nvidia GPU, so GTX 1060 would be the RX 480 equivalent. The Witcher 3 is a Nvidia optimized game so it runs slightly better on Nvidia GPUs.