Sign in to follow this  
surfer_98

Gaming Laptop Recommendation $1,000

Hey everyone, I'm looking for a new laptop for school for and some gaming when I'm away from my desktop. I play LOL, DOTA, Overwatch, Battlefield, CS GO. Trying not to spend too much so I'm hoping to keep it under $1,000. Hopefully you guys know what the best laptop is at the price. Might be able to go a little over if needed. I don't need to play at the best quality settings, but medium settings would be nice. Any ideas? 

What laptop screen size are you looking for?

Currently the best you can get at the $1,000 pricepoint is a high end previous generation laptop, so something based on the Intel Core i7-6700HQ and GTX 970M. These are very good although they are a bit less power efficient and a bit less powerful in terms of performance when compared to current generation laptops carrying stuff like the Intel Core i7-7700HQ and GTX 1060 or GTX 1070. 

As for recommendations, I'd say the MSI GP62MVR Leopard would be a good choice. It's slightly overbudget, but it has all the latest technology such as the i7-7700HQ and GTX 1060. If you need to fit the budget and you're OK with something last generation, the MSI GE62 Apache Pro is a good choice. Features an Intel Core i7-6700HQ and GTX 970M. It's last generation, but it should play everything you want at medium settings without issues. 

I'm looking for something about 14" or 15". Definitely not 17" since that's too big. Also, not too heavy so I can still carry it. 

Thanks for the recommendations. Any others? Also, do you recommend waiting. Is there anything new coming to laptops anytime soon? TIA!