hey pals!

this is my first build of a superquick time exploring machine.

quickness, speed, fucking traveling time is the focus of my build. i need it to live Long and dont eat too much power and its not meant for phantasy. i have an old GTX 240 im gonna use -> graphics dont matter yet.

1. please critisize everything you notice
  2. can you tell me the overall efficience of these components alltogether.
  3. what power supply would i need with a very good graphics card? (power)
  4. i know there has to be a bottleneck, but what of these components is it?

RAM:
64GB = 4x Crucial DIMM 16GB, DDR4-2133, CL15 (CT16G4DFD8213)

MOBO:
Gigabyte GA-X150-Pro ECC

CPU:
Intel Xeon E3-1240 v5, 4x 3.50GHz, boxed (BX80662E31240V5)

STORAGE:
Samsung SSD 960 Evo 500GB, M.2 (MZ-V6E500BW)
writes 1800 MB/s
reads 3200 MB/s

You are the Guys.

Santé!

You can reap efficiency by going with a gold/platinum PSU. In most cases you'll easily be able to grab a PSU of these quality at 500+ watts which will do you very well.

If you want to up the efficiency even more going fanless can help you save some juice as well.  

However depending on what you shooting for you could even go with lower power CPUs as well if your wanting to go the extra miles for consuming even less power. However this and going with a low wattage GPU could affect your performance so it balancing act that you will have to consider with those notes.

Finally if your going to do anything serious and want ultimate reliably then go ECC for the RAM.  

Hope these pointers help you out.  

so investing in a quality PSU will safe power? thats just for later, when i upgrade the GPU.

fanless? like fanless the CPU or fanless the case? i cant imagine this would work :P

yeah no quickness is the #1 Priority!

ive read ECC is not for private computers. i dont think i will need it.

nice inspiration with the PSU thing, Thanks!

5 hours ago, winscent said:

so investing in a quality PSU will safe power? thats just for later, when i upgrade the GPU.

fanless? like fanless the CPU or fanless the case? i cant imagine this would work :P

yeah no quickness is the #1 Priority!

ive read ECC is not for private computers. i dont think i will need it.

nice inspiration with the PSU thing, Thanks!

Yes look for 80 PLUS Platinum grade PSUes if you want the best of the best in efficiency.   

As for fanless there ARE cases specifically designed to be able to cool to a certain TDP. Since these are commercial items you can easily hit reviews to find out which ones ACTUALLY works and which ones are "green scams" variants.   

Basically how these works is having fins just like you find on any passive CPU coolers. Only they are "built in" into the case itself to offer enough cooling. 

You are right that ECC is typically not needed for home computing but if your doing anything that you might want protection from RAM corruption then you might want it. I would personally upgrade to that given that your CPU and board both support it. Like why not right? 

I hope all of these help and let us know if you need more help with anything. 

On 28/01/2017 at 0:53 AM, Personalized Systems said:

Yes look for 80 PLUS Platinum grade PSUes if you want the best of the best in efficiency.   

As for fanless there ARE cases specifically designed to be able to cool to a certain TDP. Since these are commercial items you can easily hit reviews to find out which ones ACTUALLY works and which ones are "green scams" variants.   

Basically how these works is having fins just like you find on any passive CPU coolers. Only they are "built in" into the case itself to offer enough cooling. 

You are right that ECC is typically not needed for home computing but if your doing anything that you might want protection from RAM corruption then you might want it. I would personally upgrade to that given that your CPU and board both support it. Like why not right? 

I hope all of these help and let us know if you need more help with anything. 

Agreed, getting a good power supply will not only save you power in the long run, but also make your PC safer to operate. When you've purchased all these expensive parts, the last thing you want is a shoddy PSU burning everything up!

ECC memory is not needed unless you're working with precision numbers. It will only pay off if you're working with chunks of numbers that are 20 plus decimal places in length.

If you want silent, you can purchase a beefy air cooler (such as the Noctua NH-D15) and slap on a few silent fans (again, Noctua fans come to mind). It will keep your CPU frosty without adding additional case fans.

14 hours ago, winscent said:

thanks for the info!

i will not build this in general, a friend suggested to wait for AMD Zen, although your infos helped alot!

i will stick to the M.2 and Ram plan

I would strongly recommend that. I hope to get my hands on AMD's Zen soon and am eagerly awaiting confirmation on when they will send my sample. 

Please check our site in the coming weeks for more details, and we can help part out a full system for you then :)