Sign in to follow this  
Mjosue

Computer wont start

Anyone good with custom built computers...I have an issue and would like an opinion. Maybe you've encountered this. 

My tower will not power on ( I put it together about a year ago with brand new parts). The mobo LEDs light up when plugged in to the psu. But, when I press the power button (even the one directly on the mobo) it does nothing. It was working fine the day before. I realized the issue a few hours ago. It had not been touched all day. 

I've taken my entire computer apart and put it back together. I have never encountered this problem and google is not helping. 

Any ideas? If you need more info feel free to reply or inbox me.

computer specs

CPU - Intel core i7-5930k

Mobo - ASUS ATX DDR4 X99 Deluxe 

Boot Drive - Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD

Memory - Crucial Ballistix Sport 32 GB (8GBx4) DDR4

Graphics Card - PNY Quadro K4200 

Storage - WD Black 4TB 

Optical Drive - OEM Blue Ray Drive (Asus Blue-ray internal burner)

PSU - EVGA SuperNOVA 850 GS

Case- Corsair obsidian 7500

CPU Cooler - Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU cooler

OS - Windows 10 64-Bit

Let me know if you need anything else.

If you've already tried reseating the memory, try booting with only one stick of memory at a time in each of the slots. Usually if the system wont boot and the screen stays black there's a good chance you may have a failed memory stick or a broken DIMM slot. I'd also try another power supply if that's available to you. If not, there's a good chance it may be the motherboard.