Sign in to follow this  
Jason7141

Headphones

And I hear that the pads are like pillows on your ears.
They are definitely pillows on the ears. If marshmallows were a clothing accessory, that is what these would feel like. :)
Huh, I'm looking for a new pair of headphones. My steelseries are gettin pretty old. What are these BD's you speak of? Link? How much? Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2
Here is my current setup. It isn't a headset, as Jason pointed out in his previous post, but it's a combo of headset and attachable mic: Amazon.com: Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 250 Ohms Headphones w/FREE Behringer HA400 Micoramp Headphone Amplifier!: Electronics - Headphones Amazon.com: AntLion ModMic Attachable Boom Microphone: Electronics - Microphone And yes, they are definitely worth the price. :)

I guess I don't understand headphones' date=' I spend lots of money on lots of things and never paid more then 89.00 for headphones, guess Ill have to give a pr a try sometime[/quote'] Well it all depends on your needs for audio and your willingness to pay more for, sometimes, infinitesimal improvements. I live in a household with three other individuals and my schedule is such that it tends to keep me up while they're asleep. While I can say without a doubt that quality headphones improve an experience drastically, they are something that most don't need. Hopefully you get a chance to try some, though, and get to discern for yourself. :)

I guess I don't understand headphones' date=' I spend lots of money on lots of things and never paid more then 89.00 for headphones, guess Ill have to give a pr a try sometime[/quote'] Haha! You do know... A luxury once sampled, becomes a necessity. Tread carefully with high end audio. Your wallet might shrink quite a bit quite rapidly. :biggrin:

Well' date=' I've got a couple gaming headsets I use, but my current favorite headset is the SteelSeries 7H Fnatic Edition. I also have a pair of Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10's that I use from time to time, but I'm a bigger fan of over the ear headsets for their comfort. Planning on purchasing a Beyerdynamic DT880 600 OHM Headphones as soon as I can scrounge up the money though. I've had the opportunity to listen to those and I think they're absolutely amazing! Very close in quality to headphones at the $500+ range. Might need a headphone amp though. Anyone have any suggestions? For bluetooth/gym I use the Jaybird JF3 Freedoms. Excellent little pair of bluetooth headsets that sound good, are 100% guaranteed sweatproof and more importantly stay in your ears very, very well. As for music, I like pretty much everything. Pop, rock, 80's, etc. Every genre has their hits. Only genre I can't really stand is the hard, heavy metal where you get tons of screaming. Big fan of Metallica though. Helps me in the gym get my swole on.
I was looking at the SteelSeries 7H Fnatic Edition. The most I have ever spent on a headset is like $70 or so. Are they really worth that money or can you find better headsets at a cheaper price? I was originally on getting Fatal1ty Professional Series MKII Gaming Headset (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002BH3JDA), but I am considering spending more money on a headset.

They are definitely pillows on the ears. If marshmallows were a clothing accessory, that is what these would feel like. :) Here is my current setup. It isn't a headset, as Jason pointed out in his previous post, but it's a combo of headset and attachable mic: Amazon.com: Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 250 Ohms Headphones w/FREE Behringer HA400 Micoramp Headphone Amplifier!: Electronics - Headphones Amazon.com: AntLion ModMic Attachable Boom Microphone: Electronics - Microphone And yes, they are definitely worth the price. :)
Oof. Well, good for you for having those awesome things. I couldn't spend that much though :/ I thought $100 headphones were expensive! I'm looking for some gaming ones around the price of $70 if anyone has any suggestions? Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Oof. Well, good for you for having those awesome things. I couldn't spend that much though :/ I thought $100 headphones were expensive! I'm looking for some gaming ones around the price of $70 if anyone has any suggestions? Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2
I really like my Steelseries Serbia V2 reds nice all around gaming headset

I was looking at the SteelSeries 7H Fnatic Edition. The most I have ever spent on a headset is like $70 or so. Are they really worth that money or can you find better headsets at a cheaper price? I was originally on getting Fatal1ty Professional Series MKII Gaming Headset (Amazon.com: Creative Labs HS-980 Fatal1ty Professional Series MKII Gaming Headset (Black): Electronics)' date=' but I am considering spending more money on a headset.[/quote'] IMO the 7H Fnatic edition is the best gaming headset I've used so far. Now I haven't had it for a very long time so I can't comment on durability (The plastic is very light and feels like it might have durability issues), but the sound quality is among the best for a gaming headset and best of all the SND Block material used in the earpads are amazing. Imagine the sound blocking properties of leatherette without the sweatiness associated with it. That's what you get with SND Block.

IMO the 7H Fnatic edition is the best gaming headset I've used so far. Now I haven't had it for a very long time so I can't comment on durability (The plastic is very light and feels like it might have durability issues)' date=' but the sound quality is among the best for a gaming headset and best of all the SND Block material used in the earpads are amazing. Imagine the sound blocking properties of leatherette without the sweatiness associated with it. That's what you get with SND Block.[/quote'] How long have you had it for?

Although i don't used headphones(too bulky and such) I do use earpieces. I'm using a sennheiser cx300-i. It relatively cheap 70$ and imo it delivers much much more then what I paid for. bass isn't too powerful, trebles are clear. worth every penny!

Headphone: Sony DR-9 very antique XD Headset: CM Storm Sirus 5.1 Headset
Antique becomes vintage, vintage becomes classic, classic leads to the daaarrrkkk sssiiidddeee. *ahem* How do you like the CM Storm Sirus? I rather enjoyed my Tritton AX Pros and was wondering how CM's 5.1 headsets sounded. Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

So recently the left speaker on my headphones (Sony DR-GA500) has completely stopped working. They are way past the warranty period and honestly I didn't want to replace them with the same model as I have never been really crazy about their open ear design. I needed something that was also going to be very portable, as taking my Denon ADH 2000 headphones anywhere is a pain. I ended up ordering a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50 headphones that I am going to pair with my Fiio E11 amp. I still need an external mic for gaming sessions. Can anyone suggest a good quality mic for gaming sessions to go with these cans? As far as music, I mostly listen to hip-hop, trance, house, break beat, and dubstep with a few other genres mixed in. I am hoping these new cans will live up to their reputation. Will update once I get them and burn them in.

So recently the left speaker on my headphones (Sony DR-GA500) has completely stopped working. They are way past the warranty period and honestly I didn't want to replace them with the same model as I have never been really crazy about their open ear design. I needed something that was also going to be very portable' date=' as taking my Denon ADH 2000 headphones anywhere is a pain. I ended up ordering a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50 headphones that I am going to pair with my Fiio E11 amp. I still need an external mic for gaming sessions. Can anyone suggest a good quality mic for gaming sessions to go with these cans? As far as music, I mostly listen to hip-hop, trance, house, break beat, and dubstep with a few other genres mixed in. I am hoping these new cans will live up to their reputation. Will update once I get them and burn them in.[/quote'] @Masael255 did a review of the AntLion ModMic, which to me looks like a pretty good microphone solution. I haven't used one personally, but I'm sure @Masael will chime in when he reads this. http://www.forums.custompcreview.com/f60/antlion-audio-modmic-mini-review-416/

@Masael255 did a review of the AntLion ModMic, which to me looks like a pretty good microphone solution. I haven't used one personally, but I'm sure @Masael will chime in when he reads this. http://www.forums.custompcreview.com/f60/antlion-audio-modmic-mini-review-416/
I heard my name typed and the call of the forum was more than mine form could resist! *ahem* Yeah, the ModMic is amazing and such an affordable piece of technology that converts any headphones into a headset. It is a high quality microphone and records my voice in crystal clarity. I have have no problems coming in on skype, steam games, or the like. The quality is so good, in fact, that I can put it into my violin's f-holes, play a loud chord, and have no oversampling. I think it is exactly what you, and anybody with a good set of headphones, needs. Check around Youtube to hear audio samples; you'll find it on par with $100+ microphones. Best buy it quickly, though, as the main company and amazon tend to keep running out of supplies. All of those with the Zalman mic are probably trading it in, hahaha. Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Antique becomes vintage, vintage becomes classic, classic leads to the daaarrrkkk sssiiidddeee. *ahem* How do you like the CM Storm Sirus? I rather enjoyed my Tritton AX Pros and was wondering how CM's 5.1 headsets sounded. Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
It's pretty good, but the tritton looks better. +:
  • 10Hz – 20,000Hz
  • Ear cushions: Detachable micro fiber
  • Nice audio controller
  • PC software
  • 5.1 dolby

Best buy it quickly' date=' though, as the main company and amazon tend to keep running out of supplies.[/quote'] Ok, so I went ahead and ordered one from the antlion store front, but like you said they run out fast and it seems that they are on back order at this time. Looks like they will be getting more in stock next week sometime. I'm hoping I don't have to wait more than a couple of weeks to have it here at the house.

Need help i have Macbook air and i want suitable headphones for it. from last many days i am seeking different shopping sites and forums for it. i want sliver coloured head phone with suitable metro look. can any one recommend me any head phone brand which makes such kind of headphones.