Sign in to follow this  
Jason7141

Headphones

I am curious how the Fiio E9 will work with the BD as well. I think we have similar taste' date=' Sam, as I was looking at that same product. XD I have also thought of a super high end sound card as well but will probably hold off until I can afford some BD T1s...Oh to dream of $1200 headphones...[/quote'] I've actually used the E9 with the DT880's before and it does a fine job for it being only a $100 little device. Then again, the Recon 3D is fine too, but I really like having those burr brown amps. Feels like it gives a warmer, more rich kind of sound. Too bad the recon 3d doesn't come with the high end audio features of say the x-fi titanium hd or the xonar stx. TBH I find it hard to discern the difference between different amps. I'd really have to be listening. Overall I think the BD DT 770, 880, and 990 are just about the best headphones I've heard for a still reasonable price. TBH for most music out there I can't tell the difference between a BD DT 880 and something like a Sennheiser HD800. I'd have to be doing massively retarded audiophile things like changing to a $1,000 cable or listening to a predefined set of sounds like cymbals and stuff. I'd hate to be an audiophile. I'd never be satisfied with my music. Haha.

W...why would that cord exist? Dx Somebody is selling it on Amazon for $9999.99. It better be made of space metal and have the added benefit of materializing live instruments to identically reproduce the music. Haha. But I agree with you, the life of an extreme audiophile must be so detracting. The BD 770, 880, and 990 are the best quality to value that I have used. :) Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

For gaming I have a set of Sony DRGA-500s which I love but just doesn't give me what I really need when it comes to music. For that I have a set of Denon AHD2000s that I use in conjunction with a Fiio E11 amp and the iPod. A friend suggested that I buy an Astro Mixamp and use my external mic so that I could use the Denon's as my Xbox headset as well, but I just don't know about the quality of the Astro Mixamp?

W...why would that cord exist? Dx Somebody is selling it on Amazon for $9999.99. It better be made of space metal and have the added benefit of materializing live instruments to identically reproduce the music. Haha. But I agree with you, the life of an extreme audiophile must be so detracting. The BD 770, 880, and 990 are the best quality to value that I have used. :) Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Yeah that cable is probably the most retarded thing I've seen. It was actually introduced at $500 and they claim it's got some crazy high purity copper in it. Oh did they get some serious backlash haha. And you thought Monster Cable was bad...... Denon's $500 Ethernet cable | Crave - CNET

Oh the age old cable debate. Well what are we gonna do. I'm just happy to hear that there are people who like quality audio. Do you have flac files?
Yep, I definitely listen to Flac when it is something I want to hear all of the subtleties for (i.e. Paganini or other classical works). I share your sentiment for being happy that people like quality audio and the personal tradeoff for price is entirely subjective. It is usually a gimmick, though, regarding digital audio. There are only 0's and 1's, no 0.5s. But hey, more power to those who can afford those things. I wish I had that kind of money. XD Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Oh the age old cable debate. Well what are we gonna do. I'm just happy to hear that there are people who like quality audio. Do you have flac files?
I used to listen to FLAC tracks exclusively, but I actually ended up converting my whole library to MP3 320kbps. Couldn't for the life of me hear the difference (at least with the equipment I had) and MP3 is a lot more versatile/compatible.

I use Siberia V2 Steelhead Headset. Listening to songs with huge amounts of bass is beyond words with those headphones!
Haha those headphones don't fit properly on my big head. I have a huge gap at the bottom of my ear with that one. :(
Maybe if you end up getting that Fiio E9 you might ;)
Haha good 1. Guess I'm going to HAVE to get it now. :p

Haha those headphones don't fit properly on my big head. I have a huge gap at the bottom of my ear with that one. :( Haha good 1. Guess I'm going to HAVE to get it now. :p
And keep us posted! Let me know if I need to spend my money on one as well. XD Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

How do you like your BD's Masael? I heard they have a very unique tone to them?
They are, without a doubt, the best headphones I have ever used. I seldom even touch my 5.1 surround any more in favor of my BDs. As far as tone goes, all I can say is lifelike. One thing they do that no other audio device has done for me is properly capture the sound of a violin (as I am a violinist myself). Truly amazing headphones. Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Thats how I feel about my senn's. They are so true to the track its just wonderful. :D
I had some experience with Senn's and I just didn't like the sound. Most of it, though, was that I played with the open back version and that just isn't my bag. But I can totally relate to true quality of a track. Whethet BD, Senn, or whatever company, that experience is unlike any other. :D Go go audiophile headphones! Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Yeah. I prefer'd some Grados to my senns but I needed portable cans' date=' and I don't like IEM's. So the senns were my best option.[/quote'] I havr never tried Grados but I hear they are great. For portability, I use Tritton earbuds. I normally don't like IEM's but they are really comfortable and were only $10. Elsewise, BDs for me. Which Senn's do you use? Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I use HD 25-1 II. They are super light on my head because of the split headband.Also' date=' for school and such I use a cheap pair of Sony Earbuds that someone gifted to me once knowing I needed a pair.[/quote'] Very nice looking pair of portable headphones and light is always nice. I used to use the Tritton AX Pro 5.1 Surround Dolby Digital Precision Gaming Headset | Tritton Technologies headset as my main set of phones and man those things were heavy. The BDs are feather light in comparison.