Sign in to follow this  
Jason7141

Headphones

Hey I was wondering what kinds of headphones you guys use along with what kind of music you listen to! Reply with your headphones and setup whatever it may be I use some Sennheiser HD 25-1 II with a Guitar Rig Mobile DAC into my PC or my iPhone.

Roccat Kave 5.1, i have no sound card right now so it's a XBOX mic.. i listen to most PRE 2000 stuff, i don't mind some new things but lady gaga and one direction makes my ears bleed.. also don't realy like dubstep,sounds like a Learner is trying to drive a manual car.. while the fire Dept is racing past your house and someone is getting tazed while taking a shit.. all at once.. it sounds stupid..

Roccat Kave 5.1, i have no sound card right now so it's a XBOX mic.. i listen to most PRE 2000 stuff, i don't mind some new things but lady gaga and one direction makes my ears bleed.. also don't realy like dubstep,sounds like a Learner is trying to drive a manual car.. while the fire Dept is racing past your house and someone is getting tazed while taking a shit.. all at once.. it sounds stupid..
L M F A O, I literally died laughing when I read your description of Dubstep.

I don't have a headset at the moment but I'll most likely be buying the Corsair Vengeance 2000 when it's released. I feel like a lot of dubstep is repetitive... it drives me insane, especially Skrillex, every song sounds the same with something thrown in... I do like a few of his collaborations though.

In response to the quote about grado I agree. I almost bought a pair of 225i's except i needed the 1/8th inch adapter and i couldn't find it in stock in store. So I opted to get a pair of Sennheiser HD25-1 II for portable use

Well, I've got a couple gaming headsets I use, but my current favorite headset is the SteelSeries 7H Fnatic Edition. I also have a pair of Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10's that I use from time to time, but I'm a bigger fan of over the ear headsets for their comfort. Planning on purchasing a Beyerdynamic DT880 600 OHM Headphones as soon as I can scrounge up the money though. I've had the opportunity to listen to those and I think they're absolutely amazing! Very close in quality to headphones at the $500+ range. Might need a headphone amp though. Anyone have any suggestions? For bluetooth/gym I use the Jaybird JF3 Freedoms. Excellent little pair of bluetooth headsets that sound good, are 100% guaranteed sweatproof and more importantly stay in your ears very, very well. As for music, I like pretty much everything. Pop, rock, 80's, etc. Every genre has their hits. Only genre I can't really stand is the hard, heavy metal where you get tons of screaming. Big fan of Metallica though. Helps me in the gym get my swole on.

I personally use Plantronics headset. I mainly used their headsets in the past because of the mid-range pricing and it was still relatively good quality. I would love a Razer headset but, being a student doesn't give me that much money. Sadly enough.

Well' date=' I've got a couple gaming headsets I use, but my current favorite headset is the SteelSeries 7H Fnatic Edition. I also have a pair of Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10's that I use from time to time, but I'm a bigger fan of over the ear headsets for their comfort. Planning on purchasing a Beyerdynamic DT880 600 OHM Headphones as soon as I can scrounge up the money though. I've had the opportunity to listen to those and I think they're absolutely amazing! Very close in quality to headphones at the $500+ range. Might need a headphone amp though. Anyone have any suggestions? For bluetooth/gym I use the Jaybird JF3 Freedoms. Excellent little pair of bluetooth headsets that sound good, are 100% guaranteed sweatproof and more importantly stay in your ears very, very well. As for music, I like pretty much everything. Pop, rock, 80's, etc. Every genre has their hits. Only genre I can't really stand is the hard, heavy metal where you get tons of screaming. Big fan of Metallica though. Helps me in the gym get my swole on.
Hey thats really cool! Do you have an amp to go with those headphones and what do you pair your TF10's with

Hey thats really cool! Do you have an amp to go with those headphones and what do you pair your TF10's with
With the SteelSeries 7H? No amp haha. It's a gaming headset. I do have it hooked up to a Creative SB Recon 3D though. As for the TF10's I just hook it up to my iPhone or from time to time, my PC. I'm not a huge fan of in-ears, but if there's something loud happening outside, I really like having the crazy passive noise cancellation.

I currently use the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 250 ohm version with the Antlion ModMic as my microphone. I've always been a fan of circumaural closed headphones so they really are the best for me. Sam, in regards to your question about amps, the Recon3D has a 600 ohm amp built into it so it should do just fine for the Beyerdynamic 880 you were looking to purchase. I stuck with the 250 ohm version for my 770s because, while not ideal for portable use, it does come in handy to still have the option to listen to music from my android phone and the 250 ohm works well enough with it. Beyerdynamic surely is the way to go! Great headphones and the prices aren't too bad! I would check Amazon for pricing on them as they tend to be drastically cheaper than the manufacturer's website. For example, the 880s are currently on sale for $251 directly from Amazon themselves. Hope you can get them soon! I know I love my Beyerdynamics! :D Amazon.com: Beyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphones: Electronics

What do you guys pair the Beyerdynamics with?
You mean microphone or what else? As for microphones, I use the Antlion ModMic. When it comes to audio equipment, I use the SoundBlaster Recon3D sound card and tweak with the settings in their for the various types of music I listen to.

No to run the beyerdynamics. They have a pretty high frequency. What do you plug it in to? I hope not straight into a line-out from your motherboard
You mean high impedance? I think @Masael255 is plugging the headphones into his Recon3D sound card, which has an integrated amp that supports up to 600ohms.

I got the Turtle Beach X12's just because they were reasonably priced and I had alot of GS credit at the time. Pretty good Bass and the mic quality is decent. Good value for a $50-60 pair of headphones. For music I just use the headphones that came with my iPod :p

You mean high impedance? I think @Masael255 is plugging the headphones into his Recon3D sound card' date=' which has an integrated amp that supports up to 600ohms.[/quote'] I apologize for not seeing that and thats really cool. What do you plan on using for your beyers

I apologize for not seeing that and thats really cool. What do you plan on using for your beyers
I'm probably going to start off using my Recon 3D as well. I do have my eyes on a Fiio E9 though. It's gotten some great reviews and it's not that expensive either.

I'm probably going to start off using my Recon 3D as well. I do have my eyes on a Fiio E9 though. It's gotten some great reviews and it's not that expensive either.
I am curious how the Fiio E9 will work with the BD as well. I think we have similar taste, Sam, as I was looking at that same product. XD I have also thought of a super high end sound card as well but will probably hold off until I can afford some BD T1s...Oh to dream of $1200 headphones...