Sign in to follow this  
sam.chen

Max Keyboard Group Buy Thread #16

Apparently this keyboard is high in demand
Yup! It seems so! They're selling like hotcakes! Even Amazon, e-bay, etc. has ran out of stock for some of it's product line. I am planning to buy the Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 (Cherry MX Brown) Blue Backlit Mechanical Keyboard but even in Max's website it's out of stock! Can I please have a 20% code too? Do these things expire? I'll order once they have them in stock. Thanks.

Is there still room in this group buy for one more, or will I need to wait until the next one? I'm dead set on getting a Nighthawk x7 or x8 (can't decide on blue or brown switches), but I'd love to get a custom for nearly the same price as a semi-custom! Edit: I took the plunge for the Memorial Day sale. Didn't get the custom like I'd wanted, but the x8 with white backlighting sure looks snazzy. Ignore this request.

Can I please join also? If you guys still have room that is. I have my eyes set on the X8 :) Edit: Never mind. They're having a memorial day sale!! Since the keyboard is over 100$ you get the strap, key cap puller, and key cap set 2 plus 20% off total purchase. Hope someone sees this before it ends on 5/27. I ended up getting the X9 because the X8 Blue Backlight ran out. I also got the Exit sign dude key cap because he's awesome ;)

I'm totally on board for another group buy. I'll be holding off on my purchase until then! :)
Yes, I would totally set this up, but I do not know how. Like how would I get all the payments or input the shipping addresses? Like would you guys have to trust me and send me the money and I pay for it? I do not know. Hopefully Sam will respond and help, but unfortunately he seems to miss our posts and my PMs.

I sent them a message on facebook to get some info on how these typically work. Basically, we start a new thread and get 10 people to say "I do." Then, email the thread link to [email protected] and get 20% off coupon codes in return. Everybody gets their own code to apply to customizations, accessories, and of course the keyboards. The event organizer is the one who receives all 10 codes and has to distribute them. So there's much less to lose than if we sent our money to a stranger on the internet :P The problem for me is that I just signed up here to get in on a group buy. I can't make threads in this section of the forum or I'd have a new thread up by now... EDIT: If anyone else is too impatient to wait for the admin, maybe the solution is to start our own thread in the Buy/Sell/Trade section?

Hey guys, I recently spoke with Ken Chang, he is an employee at Maxkeyboard.com, and he helped shed some light on the situation. -Sam.cpcr is the main person that they deal with when it comes to group buy coupons. There are no other sites that have group buy key codes from Maxkeyboard.com themselves. -Ken Chang said that Sam.cpcr has unused codes that have not been claimed as of yet (June 11 2013) -Sam.cpcr hasn't posted in months at this point, and they haven't heard from him either. Maxkeyboard.com said that Sam travels a lot internationally and that sometimes he is away from the keyboard for long periods of time (i was told to email him personally) -Since no one has heard from Sam, and since there hasn't been any other threads posted in some time, If we were able to post a new thread and get 10 people together, I'm sure that Maxkeyboard would understand, and they would honor us with group buy keycodes. I don't know who has the power to make new threads on this site, but maybe there is another section of the custompcreview website where we can start a new thread. If anyone is willing to do this, just post below and I'm sure we will be able to organize something. Thanks for your help guys! -Adam

New Thread Thanks for the info, Adam. If we are not likely to hear from Sam soon, I guess we should do our own thing for this round. I started a thread over in Buy/Sell/Trade since there was at least one other Max Keyboard group thread there. The link is here . Please head over and post your interest! I don't know if others are watching this forum as closely as I have been, but hopefully we can get 10 pretty quick.