Sign in to follow this  
FluffyBoy32

Podcast through Skype?

A friend and I have decided to start up a podcast soon (Next Monday to be exact). We were looking at running everything through Google+ so people could watch the show live when we streamed it to YouTube (then we wouldn't have to worry about uploading either because it would stay on the channel after the stream was done) but it turned out that Google+ has TERRIBLE audio and video quality so we decided to run everything through Skype and we can just record the call and upload the final show to my YouTube. I know there are a few Skype call recorders and some record better than others but is there one that REALLY stands out? I'm looking for something that's fairly stable, has good sounding audio for the recording, and is just easy to use. If anyone has any experience or knows of a program that will work, PLEASE let me know. Thanks guys!

A friend and I have decided to start up a podcast soon (Next Monday to be exact). We were looking at running everything through Google+ so people could watch the show live when we streamed it to YouTube (then we wouldn't have to worry about uploading either because it would stay on the channel after the stream was done) but it turned out that Google+ has TERRIBLE audio and video quality so we decided to run everything through Skype and we can just record the call and upload the final show to my YouTube. I know there are a few Skype call recorders and some record better than others but is there one that REALLY stands out? I'm looking for something that's fairly stable, has good sounding audio for the recording, and is just easy to use. If anyone has any experience or knows of a program that will work, PLEASE let me know. Thanks guys!
Hmmm... I'm not too familiar with any call recorders, but I did a quick search over at Skype for you. Most of these are free or have a free trial so I'd just suggest trying some until you find one that works well. This one below's free. Maybe you could try it out and find out if it's any good. Amolto Call Recorder for Skype | Call Recording (audio Only) - Skype App Directory Otherwise, there's some more apps through here. Social networking apps for Skype - Skype App Directory

Ok, I may try that one since it's a Skype plug in. One of my friends has used some of the third party programs (not the plug ins) and so far this one seem to have the best audio quality. Amolto Call Recorder for Skype Only thing I'm worried about with that plug in is that one of the comments said that after 50 minutes his recording started to loop over itself in certain places of the recording. Edit: Just realized that the first link you posted is just the plug in version of the actual software. I'll just download the software. I don't want it recording EVERY call. I'll play around with it though. Sorry about that... Double Edit: Just tested everything out, this software is AWESOME! It records pretty much everything that comes through my speakers so I'll have to make sure I don't have certain alerts on when I record but I'll be able to play sound in the show if I need too. Thanks for the help!