Hi, Here’s a quick overview of what we are trying to achieve…
I am looking for a PC build which will act as our server for a new bidding system to be used at fundraising events.
We run auctions at fundraising events which are held at hotels. We are looking to display up to 100 tablets for guests to view our website (pre-loaded on the devices by us).
The website contains live bidding information, which continually changes and should be updated across all devices in real-time.
We are looking for a PC built that will be the server that runs this system.
It needs to be reliable since it is powering a server that will have 100 devices connected at once. Real-time speed is important.
Couple of guys have given me slight guidance on a pc build - here it is:
BUILD 1 PROVIDED BY DEVELOPER
• CPU: Intel BX80684I78700 8th Gen Core i7-8700 Processor
• CASE: Cooler Master Elite 110 Computer Case 'Mini-ITX, USB 3.0, Mesh Side Panel' RC-110-KKN2
• MOTHERBOARD : ASUS Intel 1151 Socket Z370 Chipset Prime A D4 ATX Motherboard - Black
• SSD: Samsung 250 GB 860 EVO Sata III 64L V NAND Solid State Drive,MZ-76E250B/EU
• RAM : Corsair CMK8GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4 3000 MHz C15 XMP 2.0 High Performance Desktop Memory Kit, Black
• PSU : Corsair CP-9020131-UK TXM Series 750 W TX750M ATX/EPS Semi-Modular 80 PLUS Gold Power Supply Unit - Black
PSU : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CP-9020131-UK-TX750M-S... 90
BUILD 2 PROVIDED BY FRIEND
• CPU Intel BX80684I78700 8th Gen Core i7-8700 Processor
• CASE: UNDECIDED – Not yet included
• MOTHERBOARD : ASRock H310M-HDV/M.2 - mATX Motherboard for Intel Socket 1151 CPUs
• SSD: Crucial MX500 CT500MX500SSD1(Z) 500 GB Internal SSD (3D NAND, SATA, 2.5 Inch)
• RAM : HyperX HX426C16FB2/8 8 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 CL16 DIMM 1.2 V 288-Pin Memory Kit, Black
• PSU : Corsair CP-9020101-UK CX450M 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply Unit
(not including cost of SSD Crucial MX500 as I already have one)
Thank you in advance for your time and help with this.
I look forward to hearing from anyone that can help!